Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Poll

Which of these potential TOUAMB message board software systems do you prefer?

Invision Power Board
- 4 (23.5%)
Phorum
- 0 (0%)
vBulletin
- 0 (0%)
Zorum
- 0 (0%)
UBB Threads
- 0 (0%)
Simple Machines Forum
- 2 (11.8%)
Vanilla
- 2 (11.8%)
Whatever, dude.  You know more about this shit than I do.
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 12, 2005, 04:38:14 pm


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Board Software  (Read 11232 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 02:16:20 pm »

I simultaneously hate and love the tiny cans of Dr. Pepper.  I love giving them out and I giggled like a schoolgirl when I got my first one, but then I look and not 3 hours later it's gone.

My mind raced; what could I have said so vile as to have someone steal my only can of Dr. Pepper?  I like Dr. Pepper dammit!  Was Bobby Isoceles back and chiding me for being a crap dude?  Who would do this?  WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?!

Then I realized I was getting all perpendicular over a silly rating system on a board full of imaginary people and I got over it a little.  People, do not take away a man's only tiny can of Dr. Pepper* that is something a dick does.

*Unless they really deserved it.. like I guess if they said "Fuck your mother up the ass with a piece of corrugated pipe that was once used as part of Liberace's plumbing system", then it would probably be basically okay.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 06:00:02 pm »

Some people just either don't get the cans or are such crap dudes that they'd take one away for no reason, or for some arbitrary superficial reason.

Admittedly, there are some people to whom I bestow a can on every chance I get, for any post that makes me smile.  Otherwise, I think it wrong to taketh away a can unless someone is being a dick.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2005, 01:50:48 am »

Exactly man.. I am completely down with Grand Moff Admin of the board on this one.  My little cans of Dr. Pepper have been weird all day.  1, then 0, then 3, then 2... I mean.. I don't comment enough for this shit y'know?

Chill people.. just chill.. it's all about the DP love.*


*That is Dr. Pepper love, not Double Penetration love.. unless you ask nicely I guess.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2005, 02:50:06 am »

*That is Dr. Pepper love, not Double Penetration love.. unless you ask nicely I guess.

I think it says a lot about our board-society that "DP" had to be clarified.

And even more that apparently the other option is on offer to nice people.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2005, 11:25:49 am »

Well.. this IS the Internets after all.

(And I'm going to stop looking at the little cans of Dr. Pepper.. crap dudes are stealing mine, repeatedly)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:42:45 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2005, 04:37:31 pm »

Jough - the mysterious blank window that popped up with spell checking is now gone.  A big thank you to you. (edit: after posting this I spell checke and the damn blank window is back... WTF? It doesn't really bother me, but after a few posts on this board I have so many little windows opened up that it looks like I've been reading DP porn, and I ain't talking 'bout no doctor.)

Also, I only noticed today that beside every message is the option to "report to modorator."  That is awesome, it is like "telling" on someone.  I love it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:45:36 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2005, 10:12:39 pm »

When I click on a subforum or thread, often I will get the little "a page is loading" animated bar thing for a short time, and then it will stop loading anything and still be at the same page I was on when I clicked. I do not know that this is the result of the new software but it never happened before. I clicked on the name of this thread seven times with the "loading.. no, I'm done now" result before I was allowed into this thread. For what it's worth this is using Camino on a Mac.

(P.S., it also happened a few times while trying to post this reply.)
(P.P.S., the board really does not want me to post this. Is the Man keeping me down?)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2005, 11:38:32 pm »

I've been having similar problems today too.  I thought I was just confused.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Board Software
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2005, 12:27:05 am »

I've been having similar problems today too.  I thought I was just confused.

Well, DUH. But also, the innernet might acting up, too.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up