Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum Software  (Read 38750 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2006, 12:28:37 am »

Despite the strange obsession that would imply I suspect one person doing it would not show up several times as their status would update (via IP address) every time they did something.

Besides, I find it much more creepy that there's a herd of unknown acolytes out there all devoted to watching my profile like fuck*ng hawks.

I just know when I get back home there's going to be a little present from them on the door step.

All wrapped up in bows
All leaking viscous red fluid
All crayon drawn heart on the top
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2006, 12:35:56 am »

Just one person.  Watching.  Always Watching.  And waiting.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2006, 12:54:23 am »

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2006, 12:56:00 am »

Despite the strange obsession that would imply I suspect one person doing it would not show up several times as their status would update (via IP address) every time they did something.

Besides, I find it much more creepy that there's a herd of unknown acolytes out there all devoted to watching my profile like fuck*ng hawks.

I just know when I get back home there's going to be a little present from them on the door step.

All wrapped up in bows
All leaking viscous red fluid
All crayon drawn heart on the top

Do you realize the POWER this could bring?  Your Q armies could sweep across the land in a massive Jihad, purifying the land and bringing the kingdom to last a trillion years.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2006, 12:58:49 am »

Been there, done that.  Some schmuck suddenly asks why Julio got the purple lapels and he didn't, then comes in the in fighting and I have to kill another minion to make an example of them.

I think I'll do the world domination thing the old fashioned way... WITH FRICKIN' LASERS





Edit: Fixed that per AD's wishes.  Good job, that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:03:47 am by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2006, 01:00:59 am »

Properly, that's "Frickin' Lasers".
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 01:33:14 am »

Q, it's because you've wasted more of your life on here than anyone else.  People click through to your profile primarily from the stats page.  So the only solution is to... spend less time here.

Someone had to say it.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2006, 01:34:09 am »

Yeah well.. we all know THAT isn't going to happen.

I was unaware that's how they got there.  Why are they going to the stats page?

This brings up more questions than it answers.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2006, 01:53:38 am »

hm.

The thing is... how long would he have to stay away?

the only solution is for me to start reading all the archives, and replace him.

YOU KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME, Q!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2006, 01:55:19 am »

Yeah well.. we all know THAT isn't going to happen.

I was unaware that's how they got there.  Why are they going to the stats page?

This brings up more questions than it answers.

I check the stats page to see which topics are most popular and where I stand in terms of post-count. But that's just me.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2006, 01:56:20 am »

See that makes sense.  (in a weirdly obsessive-compulsive self-interested sort of way)  These are people without logins even. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2006, 04:59:30 am »

..in a weirdly obsessive-compulsive self-interested sort of way

You mean, like the way you are every live-long-day?

(and the central reason that we love you?)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2006, 01:15:07 pm »

You mean, like the way you are every live-long-day?

(and the central reason that we love you?)

Daaamn.. bust on Cort a little bit and smells comes out swinging.


I AM SORRY CORT I WAS ONLY TOYING WITH YOU, PLEASE CALL OFF THE SMELLS DOGS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2006, 04:04:30 pm »

has anyone developed some sort of interpretive, middle man software that allows a usenet client to access and use web-boards?

god damn would that be cool.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Software
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »

Sounds like a job for, uh, you.

Also, Hey Ark!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up