Wearing my contacts behing my goggles! Why the hell didn't I think of that? I did think of getting prescription goggles but they are so far out of my price range that I could cry a single tear. Tiny sodas for both you gents. See I almost never wear my contacts, usually just my glasses. As for the suggestion of just going it blind, no. Nooooo. With my glasses I have almost 20/20 vision and the only time I take them off is when I'm sleeping. I've twice tried going swimming without them, and it is terrifying - the getting from locker room to pool part is the scariest. At my gym you have to go down three flights of wet stairs. All feeling the walls, and holding one arm out in front of me, clinging to the rails with the other, a half naked and barefoot. I remember the last time feeling like a prone little creature, ready to walk strait into the mouth of some beastie creature. Then I get to the pool area and a flesh coloured blob comes up to me and says, "I'm sorry but the pool is closed, didn't you read the sign?" and I mumble something and feel my way back to the lockers.
Any suggestions of a good quality goggle? My old ones let a lot of water in and I'm guessing the pool water will destroy contact lenses.
I'm sorry, how horribly off topic, could someone mod this to somewhere else?