Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I really do fear music  (Read 27731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2006, 12:21:13 pm »


Anyway, none of this is helping AD and Wombat. 

Actually that pandora.com thing is helping.  I might be about to buy a CD of a guy I never heard of before.  And even if not, it ends up being like a radio station I can listen to that isn't constantly annoying.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2006, 05:00:29 pm »

Agreed on Pandora.  Best music-recommendation service I've encountered thus far.  The only downside is that you can't go back to a song--no re-listening, according to the terms of their license.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2006, 07:28:11 pm »

Actually that pandora.com thing is helping.  I might be about to buy a CD of a guy I never heard of before.  And even if not, it ends up being like a radio station I can listen to that isn't constantly annoying.
So who is the lucky dude?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2006, 07:52:11 pm »

This year I liked a lot of music.

But at the same time, this year was a boiling point for my social relationship with music.

I wanted to be through with pretense, through with statement music, through with musicians that honestly sounded like they did not like what they were doing.

So my album of the year was Bang Bang Rock and Roll by Art Brut. Just because it was everything escapist I was looking for. It was fun from start to finish. It was funny as hell. And it seriously rocked. So yes.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2006, 03:17:48 am »

oh my god
I love last.fm so much.
its already playing the kind of awkward, fast music I like. already I've heard several songs I hadn't heard by artists who I really enjoy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2006, 03:36:19 am »

oh my god
I love last.fm so much.
its already playing the kind of awkward, fast music I like. already I've heard several songs I hadn't heard by artists who I really enjoy.

I also love their ad: Radio that lets you turn down the suck.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2006, 03:54:18 am »

Actually that pandora.com thing is helping.  I might be about to buy a CD of a guy I never heard of before.  And even if not, it ends up being like a radio station I can listen to that isn't constantly annoying.

So are you gonna share with us the name of the artist you like so much?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »

Every time I try to answer this question the board freezes up.  Maybe it's an omen that I shouldn't buy the CD after all.  It is a singer songwriter guy from Austin called Bob Schneider, I think.  I'm not sure I like him 'so much', but coming from Austin is like, a good pedigree, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2006, 01:16:07 pm »

Every time I try to answer this question the board freezes up.  Maybe it's an omen that I shouldn't buy the CD after all.  It is a singer songwriter guy from Austin called Bob Schneider, I think.  I'm not sure I like him 'so much', but coming from Austin is like, a good pedigree, right?
He's good, i've seen him perform a couple of times.  I've got two of his albums, you should pm me, i'll hook you up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2006, 01:35:57 pm »

He's good, i've seen him perform a couple of times.  I've got two of his albums, you should pm me, i'll hook you up.

~Paul

Cripes. Even I have a cd by this guy. He's not bad. Jingy is the track that got me (about a monkey... named Jingy...).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2006, 03:08:40 pm »

(about a monkey... named Jingy...).

OK, I'm sold.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2006, 12:44:37 am »

Oh, also I was thinking that maybe I ought to like the Barenaked Ladies.  Any thoughts?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2006, 12:51:42 am »

Oh, also I was thinking that maybe I ought to like the Barenaked Ladies.  Any thoughts?

I enjoy Maroon. It is a good CD. Other than that, I can't really speak to BNL.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2006, 12:57:33 am »

Oh, also I was thinking that maybe I ought to like the Barenaked Ladies.  Any thoughts?

I enjoy them, but I wonder if maybe they've been a victim of both being overplayed and taking themselves too seriously.

Their concert was one of the more enjoyable ones I've been to. Great live band. Very interactive.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I really do fear music
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2006, 12:58:49 am »

I'm a BNL fan but I don't know anything that came out post-Maroon. From what I've seen the earlier stuff is funnier and the later stuff is mellower. You may have heard The Old Apartment, One Week, and/or If I Had $1,000,000.

I agree about the live shows. I've seen them 3 times and it was always very fun.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up