Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35137 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Huntington Utah
« on: January 19, 2006, 06:12:19 am »

Not exactly Miami

Ok, here's the deal.  Remember when I said I wasn't going to Miami, but I was instead going to stay in Houston.  It appears that was a bit premature on my part.  No, I've been reassigned to smack dab in the middle of nowhere.  I just got the news today and I have been trying to put a good spin on this, but I ain't having much luck.

Most frightening statistic, population 2,131 (2000 census), Mormon Churches 4

They do have Jackie Wilson as their mayor so that's a plus.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:13:46 am »

Dude, go to Miami instead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:15:33 am »

Holy CRAP!

I thought I lived in the middle of nowhere.

Paul, I think you should look at this as a mission.  You have been sent to bring the FUNK to the people of Huntington Utah (and its environs).  You can do some good there.  They need the spirit of the moustache.

These things happen for a reason.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 06:21:35 am »

Um, it won't be far to Burning Man...

There are some hella cool National Parks nearby...

You won't have to worry about overcrowding...

You could live like HI and Ed McDonnough...

Or Napoleon Dynamite
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 06:29:56 am »

National parks, man. National parks.

Alternately, Nevada.

Alternately alternately, can you go back to the Miami thing?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:43:32 am »

The one constant is change - what strikes me is, you know a lot of weird and funky people in Houston. I don't know how crazy you can get in a town with four LDS churches. I would have to think pretty hard about permanently moving there, but maybe you can store your stuff (like you were going to for Miami) and just take your bedroll and your one-hitter out there and see what the landscape looks like.

Me - I've got kids. I can't do that shit anymore - I envy you that can.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 12:44:43 pm »

I've lived in Utah on and off for 8 years, and I've never heard of Huntington.  It's over 3 (according to Google Maps, so you can probably shave about 1/2 hour from that) hours from Salt Lake, and it looks like you are about the same distance from Vegas than I am!

Watch out for the polygamists.  I'm serious when I say this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:31:04 pm »

I only stayed in Utah for like a month when I was doing contracting work.  I would describe it as "fuck*ng Gorgeous, but full of creepy mormons."

I wish you luck good sir.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:37:02 pm »

I am so, so sorry.  Seriously though, is Miami still on the table?

I just think that you're too big for Huntington - what would we get?  Pictures of you at LDS church (which they wouldn't let you into anyway)?  I don't think so.  It's time to RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and go to MIAMI or SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Or so I think.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:10:23 pm »

So what you're saying is that we won't be getting any more pictures of female punk santas in giraffenets.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 02:25:31 pm »

So what you're saying is that we won't be getting any more pictures of female punk santas in giraffenets.

Oh NO.

Miami, Paul.  Surely they'd be thrilled to hear you'd changed your mind?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 04:42:45 pm »

Paul and Mormons.

I love it!

It's "Footloose Part II."

No, really though - for the love of god, go to Miami, as long as it's not Miami, Manitoba , where my SO is from, population 400+.  Then again, if you move to Miami, MB we can party.  But there are no jobs in Miami, MB.  None.

When it comes to Miami, FL, when my SO says he's from Miami, people get all excited, then he adds "Manitoba" and they're all disapointed.  So go, people here thing it's sooo cool.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 05:39:47 pm »

What the hell kind of work do you do that someone is needed in a place like that?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 08:48:50 pm »

Do they even have the Internet in a place like that?
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 03:00:15 am »

It's probably beautiful there.

And Vegas, as already mentioned, is an easy drive.

Assuming you can get real internet and UPS, nothing will be out of your reach.

You can probably find enough bored people to go make dozens of cars spit fire.

It isn't in goddamn Florida.

Of course, I spent part of last week in Eclectic, AL, and totally peeled out as soon as I could...
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up