Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35052 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 02:24:19 pm »

What have we learned today, kids?

Paul gets hell of women.

Two words Tick: Chick. Magnet.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 02:46:42 pm »

First of all: Paul, don't worry about boring us. I particularly have no room to talk given how monotone I've been about the grad-school thing lately, but even without that -- you're one of us, making a big life change. You're allowed.

(Besides, you'll post pictures of flaming cars and rats again soon enough. This too shall pass.)

May you meet interesting people and a nice lady in Utah. Godspeed, and safe travels.

Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 03:17:21 pm »

May your travels be speedy and may Utah be less crappy than it sounds my friend.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 03:29:48 pm »

Paul, I sense a certain tone of momentousness and finality in this post.  Obviously you are concerned about your move, as well you should be.  I wish you the best because I think the world of you.  I'm certain you'll do fine in Utah.  I'm certain you'd do fine anywhere.  You're that kind of guy.

If I'm misreading the situation, I apologize.  But it seems like you're pretty worried about making this move.

Now, please accept this in the spirit it's written -- to comfort your concern, not to belittle it.

You are moving, not dying.  It is hard to be away from home, friends and family.  It's hard to pull up stakes and start again someplace new. 

But flights are cheap and so is long-distance.  Of course it's not the same.  Nothing is the same as being with the people you love in the places you love.  But the relationship doesn't change because you're not physically present as often.  You'll always love the people you love and they'll always love you, even if you can't hug them as often as you want.

Plus, I'm positive you'll find some interesting people to take pictures of in Utah.  And if Utah doesn't work out, you can go home.

Good luck.  I'll be thinking about you.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 06:33:05 pm »

May the splendor of your mustache spontaneously remove the clothing of the most tight-thighed Mormon chicks, Paul.  And remember, they're into bigamy so they won't mind if you bring the shaft to more than one of them... at a time!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 01:00:16 am »

Okay, so I took to the net to get an idea of what there is to to in Huntington Utah, and to my dismay the first website I went to only suggested visiting for local Reservoir for picknicking...

But then I started looking a little deeper, and I found this site , and I've got it all mapped out:

Deroche Dance Studio
240 South 300 West, Huntington, UT 84528
Tel: (435) 687-9844

Paul will take Jazz dance, then romance his instructor. 

T & G Bronzing
365 West 300 South, Huntington, UT 84528
Tel: (435) 687-5142

Paul have you ever wanted get your Original Whopper of Manhood bronzed?  It's a good opportunity.

De'ja'vu
735 North 400 East, Huntington, UT 84528
Tel: (435) 687-5200

My prediction is that Paul will basically have to eat here at some point - it's listed in at least three catagories of the directory.  He will look down at the menu and it will look like every menu at every small town diner, and he will have a moment of de'ja'vu, and order a burger and fries.

Critter Country Fixin’s
435-381-5594
Castle Dale, Utah

This is listed as one of the restaurant options near to Huntington, and really, I think we need Paul to eat there and report back to us.  It has a name that terrifies me.

Alcoholics Anonymous
, Huntington, UT 84528
Tel: (435) 687-9948

Now's your chance to develop a serious drinking problem.  Just be thankful you're not moving to Bull Frog, which is aparently near by, and lists "Defiance House Lodge" as the only local listing for restaurant, hotel and motel.  Defiance.  Is that the sort of attitude you want to meet with when you just want to have a quick bite and rest your weary head?

I just hope you don't get sick and go to the San Juan Health Services District - Blanding Clinic
in Monticello, UT.  It's a Clinic for Blanding people.  Don't get Blanded.  It's probably sort of like the Stepford Wives, so watch out!  You'll go in with a case of the sniffles and come out with the curls of your mustache removed and a blank look in your eyes.

Also, I found these weird stats:

Quote
Races in Huntington:

White Non-Hispanic (85.4%)
Hispanic (12.4%)
Other race (5.0%)
Two or more races (1.7%)
American Indian (1.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)

Ancestries: English (26.1%), Danish (13.1%), German (9.4%), United States (7.4%), Irish (5.1%), Italian (3.7%).

« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 05:14:46 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 01:12:00 am »

Wow, you stalked an ENTIRE CITY on the internet!

Full marks!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 02:10:25 am »


  Just be thankful you're not moving to Bull Frog, which is aparently near by,


There is a whole town called Bull Frog?  Do they have a tshirt, mugs and commemorative snow globes by any chance?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 09:15:56 pm »

There is a whole town called Bull Frog?  Do they have a tshirt, mugs and commemorative snow globes by any chance?

In Norway there is a town called Hell. In one store there, they sold these cigarette lighters that said "I've been in HELL". That cigarette lighter was the coolest thing in existence when I was 13 or so.

Little did I know then that 20-some years later I would be reading an electronic comic, if you will, about two cats called Roast Beef and Ray that go to hell.

Sorry to interrupt, carry on.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 10:04:44 pm »

So wait, Tangle, have you been to Hell, or just seen souvenirs from Hell?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006, 10:14:10 pm »

There is also a Hell, Michigan which is more convenient to us North America people. They have an interesting Halloween observance.
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 10:38:52 am »

So wait, Tangle, have you been to Hell, or just seen souvenirs from Hell?

Sorry to be so vague. I've actually been to Hell, and have (or at least had) the lighter to prove it.

Also in a desk drawer or box somewhere there is a photo of a pre-teen Tangle, standing beneath a road sign that says HELL 6 or something, giving the horns and trying to look metal (and failing miserably).

Oh, memories.  :'(

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2006, 07:21:20 am »

Hello people.  I'm home.

Moving to Huntington (actually i'm working in Huntington, but i'll be living in Price) is a lot like getting an injection from a nurse.  It seems terrifying at first, but it's never as bad as you imagine it to be.  I've been here for a day and I haven't really done much.  Went looking for a place to stay, but not many people were home on a Saturday afternoon.  Had great weather all the way up.  It's been very pleasant here as well.

Here's a brief picture essay of my travels:

Goodbye House

Sam Houston Statue
Waves to Antioch...

Oil Change in Decatur

Cadillac Ranch

Royal Gorge

Snow is Cold

Utah at Last

Found a friend
She helped me look for houses...

Found an Artcar

Found a Bridge

~Paul










Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2006, 12:45:08 pm »

Sam Houston Statue
Waves to Antioch...

Man, how big is that statue, anyway?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2006, 01:22:17 pm »

Good God, that gorge looks fantastic. Why is British geography so crap compared to everywhere else? They have gorges in America. They have gorges in France, for chris'sake.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up