Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35084 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2006, 01:51:34 am »

Now for my daily dose of validation from strangers...

This is for you Side Show:

De'ja'vu
735 North 400 East, Huntington, UT 84528
Tel: (435) 687-5200

My prediction is that Paul will basically have to eat here at some point - it's listed in at least three catagories of the directory.  He will look down at the menu and it will look like every menu at every small town diner, and he will have a moment of de'ja'vu, and order a burger and fries.

The sign says De Ja Vu, but the menu says Granny's Grub.  That's my 'Wow, De Ja Vu, this looks just like every menu in every small town diner' expression.  So anyway, I got the Burger and Fries per Melanie's instruction.

~Paul

I haven't gotten down to Castle Dale yet.  Mmm, Critters.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:55:53 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2006, 02:01:04 am »

Also, I got a place to stay. A nice ranch style, my favorite.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2006, 02:06:44 am »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot This is where I work.  Also (for the last time today) I saw a Rainbow.  It's proof of God's love..

~Paul
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 04:10:55 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2006, 04:22:34 am »

Paul, those are onion rings, not fries.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2006, 05:42:54 am »

Guess he'll just have to go again, then. Maybe do it right this time.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2006, 07:25:05 am »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot This is where I work.

Paul, this photo made me cry a little.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2006, 02:55:47 pm »

The sign says De Ja Vu

I have never seen full color, embossed, (presumably) backlit clipart on a sign before. WHY do I not live in UTAH?!?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2006, 04:06:11 pm »

VALIDATE!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2006, 06:34:50 pm »

Nothing says 'fine dining' like the words "Granny's Grub" and the clear squeeze bottles of catsup and mustard.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2006, 07:37:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot This is where I work.

Paul, this photo made me cry a little.

Me too.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2006, 08:50:14 pm »

I happened to pull my copy of Eat Your Way Across the USA out today, so I thought I'd look up joints in Utah.  Looks like the closest one to you is 90 minutes away.  Goddammit Utah is too big.

Nonetheless, I think you should eat at Mom's.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:49 pm »

I happened to pull my copy of Eat Your Way Across the USA out today, so I thought I'd look up joints in Utah.  Looks like the closest one to you is 90 minutes away.  Goddammit Utah is too big.

Nonetheless, I think you should eat at Mom's.

Eat there and make sure to tell them, I don't know what the HELL that thing is in the foreground but sure as shit ain't no scone.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2006, 11:17:55 pm »

Eat there and make sure to tell them, I don't know what the HELL that thing is in the foreground but sure as shit ain't no scone.

That is a scone that played in radioactive waste and became mutant; the most terrifying of breakfasts!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2006, 11:23:32 pm »

I think by "scone" they mean "naan".
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »

The article compared it to a sopapilla (basically a Mexican donut) which is very popular in New Mexico, and they pour honey over it like the sopapilla.  But it's bigger than any sopapilla i've ever seen.  It looks more like a Yorkshire Pudding than a Scone.  A scone is more like what I would call a drop biscuit.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up