Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2006, 04:16:39 am »

Yes Q, I figured you would be the first to notice.  Actually it's two young people embracing on a blanket.

~Paul

Sure it is Paul... SUUURE IT IS!

20 g's or Smells calls the coppers.  She's already dialed 91, now she just has to dial 1 again when I say so.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2006, 04:24:15 am »

Also, why is there a giant Y in the hills further behind you?

I'll let Miles explain that.

I'm still trying to figure out the Indian Maiden in the side of the Mountain.

~Paul

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2006, 04:23:27 pm »

I'll let Miles explain that.

Did you know I lived in Provo or something?

Anyway, because there is a mountain in every backyard in Utah, they put letters on them frequently.  Usually to represent a nearby school.  The Y is for Brigham Young University, also known as BYU, or, "the Y."  You can hike to it, if you'd like.  Vandalize it, even.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2006, 04:37:28 pm »

Did you know I lived in Provo or something?

I swear you either posted or pm'd a map and you pointed out where you lived, but I can't find it now.  You didn't specify Provo by name, but I knew it was somewhere in the general area south of SLC.

I ain't stalking you I promise.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2006, 04:59:57 pm »

Yes, I did post and/or pm a map.  I just couldn't remember if I mentioned that I actually lived in Provo for a few years.

What were you doing in Provo, anyway?  I have a couple friends there still, but I really try to avoid it at all costs.  It's not so much that it's a bad town, really.  I just didn't enjoy it.  Bad memories, mainly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2006, 06:22:37 pm »

Mordor?  This place is Paradise.  But to answer your question, the job is expected to last until the end of November.

~Paul

If that was paradise there would be an ocean there. And 80% of the flesh would be visible. Trust me, dude, I can talk about paradise unironically.

Mordor was the other picture you posted - that green smokestacked monstrosity of a poison factory you said you worked at.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2006, 06:35:45 pm »

If that was paradise there would be an ocean there. And 80% of the flesh would be visible. Trust me, dude, I can talk about paradise unironically.

Mordor was the other picture you posted - that green smokestacked monstrosity of a poison factory you said you worked at.

Paradise is a state of mind.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2006, 07:09:50 pm »

Paradise is a state of mind.

~Paul

Deep, man.  *Finger snapping*
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:20 pm »

Paradise is a state of mind.

Yes, but a state of mind more easily maintained in some situations than others.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2006, 07:49:21 pm »

And Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg county,
Down by the Green River, where Paradise lay.
"Well I'm sorry, my son, but you're too late in askin'."
"Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2006, 08:28:18 pm »

And Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg county,
Down by the Green River, where Paradise lay.
"Well I'm sorry, my son, but you're too late in askin'."
"Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away."

Green River is 65 miles south of Price.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2006, 09:03:54 pm »

My dad is a native of Muhlenburg County, I've spent tons of time there. 

The worlds largest shovel was still there at Paradise until just a few years ago.  You could see it from the highway.  Now all you can see is the power plant.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2006, 09:07:02 pm »

My dad is a native of Muhlenburg County, I've spent tons of time there. 

The worlds largest shovel was still there at Paradise until just a few years ago.  You could see it from the highway.  Now all you can see is the power plant.

I should have written, there is a Green River 65 miles south of Price.  That's a great song btw.  John Prine is playing in Houston this weekend.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2006, 05:39:11 pm »

Paradise is a state of mind.

yay, paul is back!

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2006, 06:09:23 pm »

Arkabee, you really need to do a 'I'm back!' thread.

EDIT: Woah, I've been under the impression you've been away for ages, while it's more like two months. Still, I think it's warranted.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up