Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: my official clumsy self-introduction  (Read 9576 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 04:56:58 am »

Wow folks, i feel all.... like i've been hugged... by the cold *****ic arms of the internet... words representing people that may or may not exist.

that is to say, thanks all. But don't feel bad for me, I got to spend the day with a friend even if it was our last day. My girlfriend came to visit too, so I had company after the whole deal.

I did like in wiffle-ball as a kid when you hit the ball in the roof gutter. I called it a do-over and had my birthday the next day. When my mom and dad and grandma called me, I told them that they were a day early and that they should hang up and call me the following day. It made for a better day.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 11:04:00 am »

This thread really does run the gamut. Jeepers you seem a good fellow and a resourceful one at that (calling off your own birthday requries a panache not many can muster), I would feel gladdened to see your merry avatar about our boards.
I'm sorry that you lost your cat, kitty cancer is never a happy thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 01:28:28 am »

Welcome, Jeepers. However, I'ma tell you right now: I'm not gonna call you Jeepers.

I'ma call you....Jinkies.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 02:22:00 am »

Welcome, Jeepers. However, I'ma tell you right now: I'm not gonna call you Jeepers.

I'ma call you....Jinkies.

So what you're saying is that in 4 months Jough will have changed his name to Velma
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 03:49:44 am »

ZOINKS!

Darn meddlin' kids...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 03:51:01 am »

Wasn't Jinkies the name of the cat in "Meet the Parents"?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 04:08:05 am »

Wasn't Jinkies the name of the cat in "Meet the Parents"?

It's the name of the Monkey in the Bob Schneider song that Wombat likes, but iwon't let me burn for her.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 01:04:09 pm »

You don't need to burn it because I bought his CD.  Because I have, you know, that complex about copying things.  But I appreciate the offer.

But wait a minute, there's a song that mentions a monkey at the start but it doesn't have a name, does it? You're pulling my leg, dang, I am at work and can't go look at the lyrics...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2006, 06:29:50 am »

You don't need to burn it because I bought his CD.  Because I have, you know, that complex about copying things.

Does yours have the three extra tracks like mine, that (according to the sleeve) are only available on the "Texas Edition?"
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2006, 01:29:23 pm »

You are just jerking my chain, right, Paul? Because you know I am at work again and can't go look at the darn thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »

 Don't ever, ever mess with Texas. Our editions have bonus tracks, and our cars spout flames.

 Jeepers - I enjoy both your avatar and the Locust. They're a band who looks great in comic rendition.
Logged
I am older now.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 05:34:54 pm »

You are just jerking my chain, right, Paul? Because you know I am at work again and can't go look at the darn thing.

Sadly no, mine has 17 tracks.  I'm sorry to break your heart, but you brought it on yourself.  Playing by the music industy's rules leads to heartbreak.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2006, 07:40:49 pm »

Wasn't Jinkies the name of the cat in "Meet the Parents"?

His name was Mr. Jinks, but I do think "Jinkies" was used as a term of endearment.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 11:53:37 pm »

Sadly no, mine has 17 tracks.  I'm sorry to break your heart, but you brought it on yourself.  Playing by the music industy's rules leads to heartbreak.

OK, mine has 13.  But he's pulling my leg, right?  Because his story is inconsistent.  He says three extra tracks, but 13 plus 3 is not 17.  I've got him, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2006, 12:01:43 am »

OK, mine has 13.  But he's pulling my leg, right?  Because his story is inconsistent.  He says three extra tracks, but 13 plus 3 is not 17.  I've got him, right?

I'm not pulling your leg.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up