Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TAB(?)  (Read 21268 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »

I used to drink RC on a fairly regular basis but I encountered way too many instances of Diet RC being maliciously sold in regular RC bottles. Aspertame makes baby Jesus cry.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 11:05:29 pm »

Diet RC in regular bottles?  Where are you buying this stuff, some shady back-alley cola distributor in Colombia?  I think the worst I ever got was a completely intact, fully sealed, completely empty can, but I've never gotten the wrong soda.  I think maybe it's time for a distributor change.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 11:18:46 pm »

I, too, only order ginger ale on airplanes.  Eerie.

Perhaps this is because that is the practically only place left where they regularly offer you that fine beverage.  I've asked for ginger ale in a restaurant and been told "We have Sprite."  Sprite!  Sprite!   Sprite is to ginger ale as, as,I don't know,  mice are to motorcycles!  There is no relation whatsoever.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 11:22:37 pm »

Diet RC in regular bottles?  Where are you buying this stuff, some shady back-alley cola distributor in Colombia?

Pennsyl-tucky.

My previous SO basically only drank ginger ale. A lot of places would offer her a substitute* made with Coke and Sprite or something equally stupid.


*Most certainly NOT a best-itute
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 12:07:32 am »

I often get ginger ale on planes. My reasoning tends to be that, in a day of air travel, I will be drinking more soda than is healthy or comfortable, and ginger ale feels lighter / less "soda-y" than cola. Of course, lately I've realized that train of thought and just started getting cranberry juice instead.

(Incidentally, does cranbery juice carry any kind of stigma of bladder infection? I just prefer it as a "drink during the day" juice, but I've started to develop this irrational fear that the flight attendants always think I am engaging in a Brave Fight Against UTIs or something.)

I've never cared much for RC, but the SO* is a big fan of RC Edge and still keeps a hoard of it that he acquired right before it stopped prduction. I don't entirely grok hoarding soda, especially since he hasn't actually drunken any of this stuff since I've been aware of it, but hey, whatever works...

* Feel free to substitute a synonym for "male object of affection" of your choice if you think "SO" is too PC-sounding.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 12:43:54 am »

A Cox, you've got some very specific tastes.

Would you like a ginger ale?  No, we're not flying.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 02:42:26 am »

I used to drink RC on a fairly regular basis but I encountered way too many instances of Diet RC being maliciously sold in regular RC bottles. Aspertame makes baby Jesus cry.

What does Aspertame have to do with anything.  All of RC's diet products use Splenda.

Also, I am addicted to Aspertame.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 03:00:48 am »

Sprite is to ginger ale as, as,I don't know,  mice are to motorcycles!  There is no relation whatsoever.
Don't tell that to Beverly Cleary.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 03:04:38 am »

What does Aspertame have to do with anything.  All of RC's diet products use Splenda.

Also, I am addicted to Aspertame.

Well I'm talking about like 1987 and I thought that Splenda wasn't around until a couple of years ago
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 03:08:37 am »

I almost always order ginger ale on a plane. Also, bourbon.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 03:23:00 am »

jesus h christ on a motorcycle being chased by a calvacade of hell's angels!

do none of you got-damned yankee's drink Cheerwine?

it is, in fact, the nectar of the gods. and only bottled right here in North Carolina.


I am also looking forward to this restaurant in St Louis... its like one of those brewery-restaurants, except they make their own sodas. They're all high-quality, and a reasonable price gets you a mug. The mug can be refilled with any of their fine sodas which you choose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 03:39:19 am »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2006, 03:43:04 am »

jesus h christ on a motorcycle being chased by a calvacade of hell's angels!

do none of you got-damned yankee's drink Cheerwine?

it is, in fact, the nectar of the gods. and only bottled right here in North Carolina.


I drink Diet Cheerwine, when I can find it.

Also, Ale-81
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2006, 04:30:48 am »

jesus h christ on a motorcycle being chased by a calvacade of hell's angels!

do none of you got-damned yankee's drink Cheerwine?

it is, in fact, the nectar of the gods. and only bottled right here in North Carolina.

From one NC resident to another: Well said, sir.  I take it you have also sampled Food Lion brand Cheerwine Sherbet.

Because Lord knows I haven't.  Nor have I had Sundrop Swirl ice cream, another softdrink-flavored frozen treat exclusively available at Food Lion stores in the Southland.  (Food Lion, you may remember, is an NC-based grocery store chain, made briefly famous for an ABC "Prime Time Live" segment that "accused the supermarket chain of selling rat-gnawed cheese, expired meat, and old giraffe and ham that had been washed in bleach to kill its smell."

Also from North Carolina: Texas Pete hot sauce, Krispy Kreme donuts, and Ava Gardner.  So, you know.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2006, 05:05:48 am »

Don't tell that to Beverly Cleary.

Tiny can to you, for reminding me of her delightful fiction.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up