Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TAB(?)  (Read 21250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2006, 05:33:04 am »

Manhattan Special Gassossa?  Anyone?

I don't know how far they distribute.
Logged
ACHIEVE

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2006, 09:36:47 am »

Perhaps this is because that is the practically only place left where they regularly offer you that fine beverage.  I've asked for ginger ale in a restaurant and been told "We have Sprite."  Sprite!  Sprite!   Sprite is to ginger ale as, as,I don't know,  mice are to motorcycles!  There is no relation whatsoever.

Mice named Ralph ride motorcycles.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2006, 09:38:10 am »

Don't tell that to Beverly Cleary.

Oh fuck! I should've held my tongue.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2006, 01:52:19 pm »

I am also looking forward to this restaurant in St Louis... its like one of those brewery-restaurants, except they make their own sodas. They're all high-quality, and a reasonable price gets you a mug. The mug can be refilled with any of their fine sodas which you choose.

I have reason to believe that you are referring to Fitz's, the best damn tiny soda maker ever.  (The sodas aren't tiny, but they're a relatively tiny presence, nationally.)  You're doing well to be looking forward to them, since they're AWESOME.  The food at the restaurant isn't much, but they have 2 bars - an alcohol-type bar upstairs with the pool tables, and the Fitz's bar downstairs with like 15 awesome varieties of Fitz's sodas.  They're all just delicious.  UPS me some after I move, won't you?

A Cox, you've got some very specific tastes.

It's not even that I have specific tastes - it's just that...no one else ever offers it.  I don't really think about it until the flight attendant is like, "Coke?  Sprite?  Ginger Ale?" and all of a sudden I'm like, "Yeah, ginger ale!  Exactly!"
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 04:38:18 pm »

As a side note to all in regard to ginger ale and plane rides: I was always raised to suck on a piece of actual Ginger or a Ginger candy on plane and boat rides as it is a natural anti-nausea agent, and this is also why one is encouraged to drink Ginger Ale should they have food poisoning, as I once did.

Also, in regard to RC Cola, I have had cans of RC Cola that are half empty, and also ones that are totally uncarbonated.  Fascinating.  I haven't had RC Cola in years, but the convienince store near the first apartment my SO and I shared about 3 1/2 yrd ago had "three for a dollar" RC Cola's so my SO and I would occasionally get these and marvel at the varied quality of each can, sipping from each other's cans to confirm that they do indeed differ in distinct ways.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2006, 05:52:21 am »

I have reason to believe that you are referring to Fitz's, the best damn tiny soda maker ever.  (The sodas aren't tiny, but they're a relatively tiny presence, nationally.)

Wouldn't it be great if they actually did made tiny sodas? Tiny sodas in tiny cans?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2006, 05:53:51 am »

What about those little wax soda bottles with the flavoured sugar water inside?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2006, 02:24:12 pm »

I was at a taqueria yesterday that had champagne soda. I stared at it in disbelief while waiting for my burrito.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »

I was at a taqueria yesterday that had champagne soda. I stared at it in disbelief while waiting for my burrito.

Wow.  I've had sangria soda at a taqueria before, but this seems almost stranger.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2006, 03:41:27 pm »

So, was it so bubbly that it was mostly air?  Cause the defining thing about champagne is bubbles, and the defining thing about soda is... bubbles.  Did it have alcohol in it?  I am confused by Champagne Soda.  WTF?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2006, 04:07:07 pm »

I stared at it in disbelief while waiting for my burrito.

You mean you didn't order it?  Oh, Cort, what about education?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2006, 05:40:52 pm »

They also had sangria soda. I considered ordering it just to taste it but I felt really out of place. I was the only person speaking english, the two guys in front of me both ordered tongue tacos, and when I asked for no sour cream the guy looked like I'd insulted him. So I just wanted to get my burrito and go. It was sitting right next to a pineapple/piņa soda and looked almost identical but was a little lighter in color.

Good burrito, though.

[edit: damn homophones!]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 06:22:11 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2006, 06:17:46 pm »

Sangria soda is good.  At least one brand is, the other I tried was nasty.  It's not all that exotic, really, kind of cola-y and fruity.

I would love to go to a place that has tongue tacos but I assume you're going to tell me it's somewhere in Northern Virginia, where I never go anymore?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2006, 06:23:55 pm »

Sangria soda is good.  At least one brand is, the other I tried was nasty.  It's not all that exotic, really, kind of cola-y and fruity.

I would love to go to a place that has tongue tacos but I assume you're going to tell me it's somewhere in Northern Virginia, where I never go anymore?

Indeed. It's in Arlington on Washington Blvd diagonal from Talllula, a really good place for wine. I went because I had yesterday off and one of the GOG's in the Post said it was a good place for a cheap counter-service lunch and he was right.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2006, 12:28:30 am »

I would totally eat a tongue taco, but i'll pass on the brain tacos thank you.

That is my kind of taco stand.  I'm thinking they won't have much mexican food in Price Utah.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up