Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell him I'm not in.  (Read 9153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 02:42:57 am »

Man you just totally derailed this thread because i'm sure i'm not the only one here that thinks cowboy movies are pretty f'n cool. 

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 02:46:56 am »

No cool cowboy movies? I beg your pardon sir!  What about a little film entitled:

Every Which Way But Loose.

It has fightin' cowboys, Ruth Gordon with a shotgun AND an orangutan.

Good Day to you, Sir.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 03:02:50 am »

I just can't get past the stupid hats.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 03:42:34 am »

If I'm going to watch a gay cowboy movie, I want it to be Carson Kressley Of Queer Eye, who is "an avid nationally ranked equestrian and a former member of the U.S. World Cup Equestrian Team," riding around on a hoss in really nice clothes.  Otherwise, I'll pass.

Edit:  OK, since when can't we type the common name of Equus caballus and not have it messed with?  It's one thing not to be able to talk about trousers and automata unmolested, but leave the mammals alone!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 03:46:13 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 04:31:45 am »

What? Cowboys suck?

"Fist Full of Dollars"
"For a Few Dollars More"
"The Good the Bad and the Ugly"

[/thread]
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 04:44:43 am »

Well, the Dallas Cowboys absolutely do suck.

But movies like:

Outlaw Josey Wales
Little Big Man
The Cowboys
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Do not.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 05:07:16 am »

Um, The Wild Bunch?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 05:09:18 am »

My favorite cowboy movie was seven samurai.
Logged
R U Passionate??

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 06:14:44 am »

If I'm going to watch a gay cowboy movie, I want it to be Carson Kressley Of Queer Eye, who is "an avid nationally ranked equestrian and a former member of the U.S. World Cup Equestrian Team," riding around on a hoss in really nice clothes.  Otherwise, I'll pass.

Are you serious? Man, now all my jokes about his shopping at a colorblind rodeo clown's yard sale come back to haunt me. I'm never gonna be able to picture the man again without bronco-bustin' being involved.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 07:05:53 am »

One Upon a Time in the West gave me a hard-on.

Bareback Mountain is actually not a bad film, it's just not that great of a film.  If it were about a heterosexual relationship it would have been melodramatic and blah, but since it had man-on-man action then of course we must applaud it or be thought homophobic.

It is possible to be critical of something about homosexuality without being critical of homosexuality.  I mean, neither Gyllanhaal or Ledger are gay anyway.

Also, what's wrong with being critical of homosexuals?  No one has a right to not be offended.  Let's not forget that.

Fuck everyone.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 07:45:42 am »

Come on people, Invitation to a gunfighter? No? Shame on you all.

Roger: I was exagerating a bit in my first post, I am well aware there are good comics out there, I've even read a few of them, I was just trying to create a contrast between problems now and problems then.

I haven't seen Brokeback mountain and probably won't but is anyone else just waiting for someone who can actually make a big budget movie in hollywood to have a gay romance and have that not be the whole point? If the trailer makes it clear that the point of this movie is 'it's a real bitch being a gay cowboy' and the actual movie doesn't give you anything else then it's just a waste, of course there are plenty of straight romances that do this too but I don't watch them either. Even most romances these days are romantic comedies so there's something extra there.
Oh actually, if there is a gunfight or something I'd be down with that.
I could see Clint Eastwood being in a tasteful gay cowboy movie.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:34 am »

Didn't Eastwood play a gay character in "Million Dollar Baby"?  Weren't he and Morgan Freeman lovers?

I thought that was handled pretty well in the film.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 10:45:28 am »

Anyone thinking that cowboys are lame should read "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy (*apparently* Ridley Scott is gonna shoot the movie version, which is of course a sin before God, but the upside to that is that we can always ignore Hollywood).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 04:10:56 pm »

Didn't Eastwood play a gay character in "Million Dollar Baby"?  Weren't he and Morgan Freeman lovers?

I thought that was handled pretty well in the film.

Oh great, now I'm stuck with the image of those two wrinkled old farts rubbing together.

Thanks, Jough.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Tell him I'm not in.
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 05:06:19 pm »

Gay cowboys? I don't know what the fuss is all about, in Brazil we've had this cute little cartoon about gay cowboys for about 15 years now...

(I guess no one needs to know Portuguese in order to understand what's going on in that strip.)
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up