Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic  (Read 3558 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:33:57 pm »

Achewood's gonna have some sexay new visitors soon.

Please forgive me if someone else has already posted this. I looked and looked, and couldn't find any other references to it.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:47:05 pm »

Oh NOES!  Those fuckin' guys!

But I suppose, whatever keeps 'Stad making the comics, exposure can be good for such things, also good for letting him buy more single-malt scotch and being too drunk to deliver on a Tuesday.   I kid I kid.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 09:51:09 pm »

Sad admission: I met my SO through the Nerve/Salon/Onion personals.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:23:09 pm »

Oh, there goes the neighborhood.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 10:34:26 pm »

Sad admission: I met my SO through the Nerve/Salon/Onion personals.

Are all three of those linked into one database?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 10:55:27 pm »

Are all three of those linked into one database?

Short answer yes, long answer...  uh.  Yes.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 12:38:16 am »

world's most radical grandpa

see i'm drawing a parallel to the popular tee shirts

why isn't there an emoticon for this
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 08:34:29 am »

yeah achewood is totally about animals who raid the liquor cabinet, swear, get depressed, and get laid

radical
Logged

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 08:11:06 pm »

The write-up was nice, but sort of quaint, or something.  "Oh my god, comics where people are allowed to swear!"  Hello, welcome to 1998.
Logged
um

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 06:44:58 am »

The write-up was nice, but sort of quaint, or something.  "Oh my god, comics where people are allowed to swear!"  Hello, welcome to 1998.

Do we have to use penny arcade as a yardstick for anything that happens with webcomics? I thought webcomics in general were trying to collectively shrug that off. That and Megatokyo.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Shii

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 07:57:42 am »

yeah achewood is totally about animals who raid the liquor cabinet, swear, get depressed, and get laid

radical
I don't think you "get" Achewood.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 11:59:31 am »

Damn that doesn't even sound close to being a comic I'd want to read.
They used the exact picture that makes it look like every other haha yuppie animal comic out there too. Why couldn't they use an 'oooooh shiiiiiiit'? Even nightlife would be better.
I'm sure the person who wrote this really loves achewood for the reasons we all do, but they just totally failed to communicate it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 11:13:52 pm »

Do we have to use penny arcade as a yardstick for anything that happens with webcomics? I thought webcomics in general were trying to collectively shrug that off. That and Megatokyo.

Maybe he just meant that it was the first comic to feature swearing as basically the only joke, in which case Penny Arcade is often a very good example.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 11:32:26 pm »

Maybe he just meant that it was the first comic to feature swearing as basically the only joke, in which case Penny Arcade is often a very good example.

I think there's more to penny arcade than just swearing actually.  However, I will admit that shitcock makes me laugh, but then at times... well I can be a pretty low motherfucker you know?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: This just in! Achewood = Radical Web Comic
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 01:17:57 am »

I think there's more to penny arcade than just swearing actually.  However, I will admit that shitcock makes me laugh, but then at times... well I can be a pretty low motherfucker you know?

Dude...cockthirsty.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up