Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: None of my Beeswax?  (Read 6221 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
None of my Beeswax?
« on: January 26, 2006, 03:46:41 pm »

So I was about to order one of these, because what's five bucks and who could resist "a high quality, offset-print edition of the Cartilage Head series"?

But then I read this, and ugh:

Quote
So, who are we? Beeswax is two co-editors, John Peck and Laureen Shifley, who decided one day in October that the world needs a brand new litmag that caters to up-and-coming writers and artists and strives to find an artistic space that exists somewhere between pre-defined genres;

I don't think I can make myself order something that says it's all about good writing but calls itself a 'litmag.'  But maybe I'm just an old fart.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:38:54 pm »

So I was about to order one of these, because what's five bucks and who could resist "a high quality, offset-print edition of the Cartilage Head series"?

But then I read this, and ugh:

I don't think I can make myself order something that says it's all about good writing but calls itself a 'litmag.'  But maybe I'm just an old fart.

I AM RHEUMATRON THE MALEVOLENT CYBORG AND I COME TO YOU FROM THE FUTURE TO ... UH ... FEEL YOUNGER. HOW ABOUT THAT CHUMBAWUMBA? SYNTAX ERROR
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 04:47:07 pm »

I AM RHEUMATRON THE MALEVOLENT CYBORG AND I COME TO YOU FROM THE FUTURE TO ... UH ... FEEL YOUNGER. HOW ABOUT THAT CHUMBAWUMBA? SYNTAX ERROR

I know that I'm new and all but I sort of feel like this thread should just stop there.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 04:51:46 pm »

I bought one - mostly because I don't think $5 is too high a price to pay for POTENTIAL.  Even if it's terrible, I probably would've wasted that $5 in some other stupid way, I might as well get some reading material out of it.

I'll let you guys know how it is when I receive it, and then we can tear it and its authors into tiny shreds of former human beings.




late edit: I still can't spell
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 03:29:16 pm by acoxcae »
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 05:00:48 pm »


 and then we can tear it and its authors into tiny shreds of former human beings.

Ah!  There is that.  Well, maybe I'll get one after all then.

And Bobby I know that I asked for it this time but if you keep making fun of my age I swear I will hire AugustWest to come and lobby you till you weep bloody tears.  He can do it, in a fedora, dammit.
 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 05:07:44 pm »

/rubs hands together in a sinister manner.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 05:11:23 pm »

Ah!  There is that.  Well, maybe I'll get one after all then.

And Bobby I know that I asked for it this time but if you keep making fun of my age I swear I will hire AugustWest to come and lobby you till you weep bloody tears.  He can do it, in a fedora, dammit.
 


...

Don't tempt me to write that, seriously.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 08:21:32 pm »

I just think Wombat's title should be changed from "English-Speaking Pizza" to "RHEUMATRON THE MALEVOLENT CYBORG."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 09:08:27 pm »

No, it is obvious to any right-thinking person that that should be Bobby's title.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:03 pm »

RHEUMATRON IS INCAPABLE OF COCK RUBBING AND WARMONGERY. IT VIOLATES THE FIRST TWO OF ASIMOV'S LAWS.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 10:20:10 pm »

Ooooh, yessss...I have returned, and all is the same!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 11:15:36 pm »

Ooooh, yessss...I have returned, and all is the same!

You get your 'puter fixed, nigga?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 12:11:37 am »

I love you all.

You hear that? Love. For all of you. Even Bobby, today, although that will not get him de-banned from AIM.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:09 am »

I love you all.

You hear that? Love. For all of you. Even Bobby, today, although that will not get him de-banned from AIM.

You've been on this whole time?  Which means even I am banned!  Curse you V, you win....  this time.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: None of my Beeswax?
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 12:15:14 am »

You've been on this whole time?  Which means even I am banned!  Curse you V, you win....  this time.

... No you're not. G'head, AIM me if you want. I'll reply and such.

Although I'm about to go and do laundry, so, y'know. There might be a delay.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up