Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...  (Read 13813 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2006, 10:48:49 pm »

I could say the same to you.  My point was that no one is going to be happy with ALL the discussion but as long as it's not downright mean or something I would never go and say that people's posts were stupid and then bemoan it as you have done.

So in essence you could say the same thing to yourself. 

Didn't I?.

Also, when did I say something downright mean about the tiny cans?

Is something else bothering you? You seem to have a high sensitivity about my opinion about the cans.

Also thanks Ark. I appreciate the sentiment more than the fictional beverage.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2006, 10:58:25 pm »

Quote from: AlohaDawg
Better yet, start your own board so I don't have to read 20 posts a day about the dumb little cans.

I have the all time record for negative cans, though. The last few days have had so many dumb discussions about imaginary cans of Dr Pepper being shared by total strangers who gathered together ostensibly due to their love of imaginary cats who wear thongs and talk to alive stuffed animals.This is not normal behavior.

In other words, those of us still clinging to our sanity and rationality would appreciate if the rest of you PM each other about the cans.

And I didn't even start the thread you said that in, but it seemed pretty harsh and rainy on paradey at the time.

But, if it's just misunderstandings then I will pick up olive branches and bake you a cake in truce. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2006, 11:06:08 pm »

A post in which I attempt to distract people from arguing by passing on mean things that people said about wombats to drew of toothpastefordinner:

Quote
every email i got about this from australia said "that is a wombat. they are common here. they are mean animals". apparently they are famous in australia for being rude animals. just, i mean, no manners, always grabbing the potatoes off the table, not holding a fork right, the whole thing.

Well I never.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2006, 11:07:26 pm »

A post in which I attempt to distract people from arguing by passing on mean things that people said about wombats to drew of toothpastefordinner:

Well I never.

Hey I said truce, the fighting is over I assume.  AD and I are big boys, we can take it.  :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2006, 11:14:33 pm »

Hey I said truce, the fighting is over I assume.  AD and I are big boys, we can take it.  :P

If we need a truce to stop a conversation we have bigger problems. I have to say I reread it twice and I don't see any downright meanness.

And I think I can get an amen around here when I say I can do downright meanness.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2006, 11:26:13 pm »

To further complicate things, when I consult my trusty NTC's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions (Second Edition), neither "y'all" or "ya'll" are listed but there is an entry for "ya"

From the slang dictionary:
Quote
ya pro. you. (Eye-dialect.  Typical spoken English. Used in writing only for effect. Used in the examples of this dictionary.)  "See ya!"  "Is this all ya want?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2006, 11:26:49 pm »

*shrug* then maybe I read it with the wrong intonation or my serotonin levels are low or the moon was full or someone cut me off in traffic.   That's the problem with the internet, no physical or vocal cues to intent.  </sincerity>

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2006, 11:30:39 pm »

What does NTC stand for?

Is this some kind of Canadian LOW SHENANIGAN?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2006, 11:37:42 pm »

No joke AD. 

NTC stands for "National Textbook Company, a division of NTC Publishing Group, Lincolnwood, Illinois, USA. The Best, By Definition."  The absence of y'all or any alternate spelling of it is very confusing to me, because, well, it's so damn common.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2006, 04:50:02 am »

To further complicate things, when I consult my trusty NTC's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions (Second Edition), neither "y'all" or "ya'll" are listed but there is an entry for "ya"

From the slang dictionary:

Y'all ain't in the slang book because it ain't slang.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2006, 04:57:26 am »

i'd drop a tiny can of dr pepper on ya'll like a mick foley elbow to the concrete off the apron but
my computer ate my ability to click links while i was trying to listen to the best band ever, Clutch, on
my old computer using a weird front end for an old version of winamp that i saw recommended in the
comments section of some hipster-off-the-wall webcomic that sucks.

This is the most amazing sentance i've read in quite sometime.  It's like driving a car fast down the freeway and having one of the wheels come off.  All you can do is ride it out and hope for a soft landing.

Can worthy.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2006, 05:09:08 am »

Is something else bothering you? You seem to have a high sensitivity about my opinion about the cans.

Hell yeah he's sensitive, he had 100 cans and was riding high.  All writing Augustwest fan fiction, all climbing the board social ladder at an unprecedented pace.  This young rookie can't believe that he's standing shoulder to shoulder with board hall of famer Wombat.  His head was swimming with his success.  Then suddenly he finds himself back down at the not quite awesome 99 can mark.  Hell yeah he's sensitive.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2006, 07:15:23 pm »

This is the most amazing sentance i've read in quite sometime.  It's like driving a car fast down the freeway and having one of the wheels come off.  All you can do is ride it out and hope for a soft landing.

* arkabee nods sagely, strokes his chin hair, and takes a "meaningful" puff off his smoke

i'm just happy that someone could appreciate my sentence for the metaphor it
is for my life.

incidentally paul, i think you may be my personal buddha.  if i were to ever do acid, which i never would do,
i would only do it with you around, because you are apparently the antithesis of a bad trip.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2006, 08:01:41 pm »

incidentally paul, i think you may be my personal buddha.  if i were to ever do acid, which i never would do,
i would only do it with you around, because you are apparently the antithesis of a bad trip.

Agreed. I don't think I'll ever do acid, but I imagine an acid trip with Paul as being bright and fun, like "Yellow Submarine" except the submarine shoots fire now, and the next morning the board would have the raddest picture thread ever.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2006, 04:01:10 am »

Wow.  I don't really know what to say.  Thanks guys for thinking so highly of me.  I love you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up