Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 can club  (Read 31107 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2006, 09:13:21 pm »

Isn't Windows the perfect expression of the power of the marketplace, especially since it would take government intervention to break the near-monopoly it has?

Yes.  Irony.

Also, I was using "Communism" as an insult, because I hate Windows; this is, in turn, ironic, because my political ideology has Communist leanings.

But mostly I like the absurdity of Lenin turned into a Windows icon.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2006, 09:16:29 pm »

Yes.  Irony.

Also, I was using "Communism" as an insult, because I hate Windows; this is, in turn, ironic, because my political ideology has Communist leanings.

But mostly I like the absurdity of Lenin turned into a Windows icon.

Shhhh.. if you dissect all the jokes they will be cold hard lumps quivering on the floor!

Murderer!  J'accuse!!! *finger pointing*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2006, 09:55:40 pm »

Well, I think it's implied without the words - I mean, I'm not that sharp and I figured it out. And mostly people around here are smarter than me - with the book-learnin' and all. And running water. And most of their teeth.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2006, 10:39:06 pm »

No need to ask who is taking my cans away.  Jough's karma button has hell of properties.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2006, 12:26:04 pm »

No need to ask who is taking my cans away.  Jough's karma button has hell of properties.

~Paul

Totally!  So much so that I lost 100 in 6 hours!  YAY!

(It does not bother me.  Once you've tasted the top, you just stop worrying about it and let the good lord provide.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2006, 07:43:02 pm »

Dude, you never had no 200 cans.  You're all lyin' and shit.  You only had +/- 50 cans than you do now.

Actually, I had been messing with a plugin and had to fix the fact that for a couple of hours yesterday everyone was plussing and minusing each other 25 cans at a time, since I didn't notice the default karma amount was 25 instead of the usual 1.

Anyway, I will try to get people's karma count back to an appropriate level.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2006, 07:44:41 pm »

Heh, it was like 50 actually; I had just woken up and apparently had forgotten my basic addition.

This is why I shouldn't kill my liver as much on the weekend. :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2006, 08:57:32 pm »

Q, you need to edit your avatar to read "tiny cans" instead of DARLENE
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2006, 09:03:06 pm »

Heh, in deciding to use that image,  (A democratic process wherein it was voted upon by a team of 1 person who wasn't me, but ultimately has a much more respectable and lovely opinion other than yours truly), I debated with myself as to what I should place on that hat instead.  I went through option after option and determined that most of them were too wanky and/or personal to really do it properly.

So there it sits... weeping for Darlene, whoever she may be.

I'm still unsure if I find it funny or sad.  Probably both.


In conclusion, I do not weep for tiny cans, they merely weep for me.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2006, 09:44:44 pm »

In conclusion, I do not weep for tiny cans, they merely weep for me.

Thats why you have to put them on a tiny coaster.  Wouldn't want to leave a tiny ring on the furniture.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2006, 10:09:08 pm »

Thats why you have to put them on a tiny coaster.  Wouldn't want to leave a tiny ring on the furniture.

There once was a girl from Beijing
Who had quite tiny a ring...



Nevermind....

(at least I didn't go with my first impulse... Nanking.  Which is in such bad taste I actually feel slightly ill that I thought of it so quickly.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »


(at least I didn't go with my first impulse... Nanking.  Which is in such bad taste I actually feel slightly ill that I thought of it so quickly.)

Um, is that what you kids are calling it nowadays?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2006, 10:28:24 pm »

Good gravy I hope not.

The Rape of Nanking was a terrible scene.  It would be some serious rough chuckles to equate such an activity with it.


Unless you're into some really horribly kinky things I guess.. but no no no.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2006, 11:19:26 pm »

wait wait wait

when you give someone a can, is it one of your cans?
ie: if I have 10 cans, and I give someone a can, do I now have 9? this would make sense, except: no cans are generated. Did someone start out with 1000 cans that I didn't notice?

I am so confused.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2006, 11:23:10 pm »

No.  There is no can economy.  Otherwise people would be taking cans away to beef up their resources for MADP (Mutually Assured Dr. Pepper).

Think of the DP (Not dual-penetration), like water, it ebbs and flows from a mysterious never-ending font.  It is ephermeral, reminding us that all humankind is temporary.  Some cans stay, some cans leave, but you will always have the memory of those tiny cans dancing in your mind.

Those beautiful, tiny cans.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up