Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 can club  (Read 31175 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2006, 11:24:17 pm »

Oh for shits sake, people. Are your lives so wretched?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »

In a word... yes.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:05 am »

Now we finally understand why AlohaDawg doesn't get it.  The more power to him and his non-wretched life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2006, 12:46:49 am »

Praise be to me in all my non-wretchedness.

Confidential to those who care: PoundPuppy #3 is a girl.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 12:59:43 am »

Praise be to me in all my non-wretchedness.

Confidential to those who care: PoundPuppy #3 is a girl.

Does she have a name yet?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 01:01:45 am »

Does she have a name yet?



I'm betting it's not Tiny Can.




*Runs*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2006, 01:13:30 am »

No.

Ass.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2006, 02:44:00 am »

If that's serving as the official announcement -- congrats to you, Dawg, and to Mrs. Dawg. May blessings continue to rain down upon your house.

Just to get pretentious for a moment about why I care about the tiny cans: in my mind, the tiny-can system is the best indicator of how, in general, you are doing as a board member. This, I assume, is why these boards have a Karma system in the first place. I put stock in it in that, if I suddenly lose a lot of cans, I assume I really misstepped; it makes me consider my behavior and be more attentive to possible public opinions. (Of course, this all gets thrown out the window when you consider thrill-decanning and whatnot, but work with me here.) If I get distraught about losing cans, it's not some sort of "oh, no, the number on my profile bar got arbitrarily smaller!" thing but a fear that I'm doing something wrong, getting people upset, or otherwise not doing right by a community I care about it.

I may still be pitiful and wretched, but I'd like to think I have a reason.

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2006, 03:37:00 am »

V, when you've been a part of the community as long as we have, you don't have to care.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2006, 04:02:34 am »

V, when you've been a part of the community as long as we have, you don't have to care.

Yes, but I would rather care. That's all.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2006, 04:22:03 am »

V: The Girl Who Would Rather Care
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2006, 04:29:00 am »

Yes, but I would rather care. That's all.

From here on out, you get all the cans I can give you.

Edit: Wow, nearly 4000 posts - you've been busy. Or not busy at all, as the case may be.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2006, 04:34:07 am »

From here on out, you get all the cans I can give you.

Edit: Wow, nearly 4000 posts - you've been busy. Or not busy at all, as the case may be.

Thanks. And in my own defense, I will point out that those cans have been spaced out over almost three years, with varying degrees of "busy-ness" throughout (ranging from the summer of 2003, during which I played lots of solitaire and spent a lot of company time on the Interwebs, to now, when life is a hurricane of terrible obligation). So, y'know, it evens out.
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2006, 06:51:58 am »

Just to get pretentious for a moment about why I care about the tiny cans: in my mind, the tiny-can system is the best indicator of how, in general, you are doing as a board member. This, I assume, is why these boards have a Karma system in the first place. I put stock in it in that, if I suddenly lose a lot of cans, I assume I really misstepped; it makes me consider my behavior and be more attentive to possible public opinions. (Of course, this all gets thrown out the window when you consider thrill-decanning and whatnot, but work with me here.) If I get distraught about losing cans, it's not some sort of "oh, no, the number on my profile bar got arbitrarily smaller!" thing but a fear that I'm doing something wrong, getting people upset, or otherwise not doing right by a community I care about it.

I may still be pitiful and wretched, but I'd like to think I have a reason.

Pretentious or not, thank you for putting it into words so well. Basically, in what little time I've spent here, I've had this idea of "if you're OK, people award you cans - if you're a Crap Dude, they take them away". So naturally when I see my cans (oo-er!) vanish, the first thought in my mind is "who did I piss off now, and how?"

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2006, 07:43:50 am »

those cans have been spaced out over almost three year

While I am not fussed about how much a person may love or despise cans when the word starts inserting itself into your sentences where it does not belong we may have a problem.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up