Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 can club  (Read 31238 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2006, 03:49:20 am »

I believe the board's birthday is July 31, 2003

Yup, and I'm #6.

Where have you gone, Vinz Clortho - - - A messageboard turns its lonely eyes to yoooooouuuuuuuuuu . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2006, 02:41:07 pm »

What AW said.  Except for the "never take away cans" part.  I do that sometimes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2006, 12:29:56 am »

If I hadn't been Gods on Dickslapped to the tune of 30 cans I would be in this club now.  I'm not bitter.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2006, 12:50:58 am »

Least you know who to blame.  Imagine like me you'd mysteriously lost 14 cans today and had to assume that everyone hates you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2006, 11:29:39 pm »

Not to extend what seems to be a thread akin to every message board ever's "Post Count = Leet? Yes it do! No it ain't!" thread or anything but... I'm new-ish so humour me, please:

What is the deal with the Dr. Pepper cans as a kudos system? Who grants 'em? Do they mean anything beyond bragging rights for those who are into that sorta thing? Why are they called Dr. Pepper cans, is there some in-joke behind that?

Just wonderin'. On another board that I frequent, that board's King of The Post-Count Whores just got shaved down from such-as 25,000 to about 23 and it was hilarious how seriously the dude took it.

Kinda wanted to stay abreast of what these little cans of imaginary carbonation mean to people around here so as to have a better sense of how to socially jive in this little world.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2006, 11:33:47 pm »

Once you get to 25 posts, it will all become clear(er).

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2006, 11:35:46 pm »

It has been suggested in the past that one way to know how to socially jive in this little world is to read the archives.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2006, 11:37:48 pm »

It has been suggested in the past that one way to know how to socially jive in this little world is to read the archives.

Womby speaks the truth.  I'm theoretically living proof.  Theoretical that I'm proof.. not that I'm living.


Although... holy shit.. I'M A BOT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2006, 11:45:46 pm »


Just wonderin'. On another board that I frequent, that board's King of The Post-Count Whores just got shaved down from such-as 25,000 to about 23 and it was hilarious how seriously the dude took it.

Kinda wanted to stay abreast of what these little cans of imaginary carbonation mean to people around here so as to have a better sense of how to socially jive in this little world.

They are meaningless and arbitrary and if the system gets abused, Jough has scripts to identify and smite people. So don't sweat it, your bound to be both a superstar and a crap dude at some point if you stick around long enough.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2006, 12:44:08 am »

Why are they called Dr. Pepper cans, is there some in-joke behind that?

I'm gonna pour a 40 of tiny Dr Pepper for Bozack over that comment.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2006, 12:45:14 am »

So don't sweat it, your bound to be both a superstar and a crap dude at some point if you stick around long enough.

This is true...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2006, 09:07:43 pm »

The system seems really unfair to Paul.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2006, 09:15:27 pm »

The system seems really unfair to Paul.

I just noticed that I've been jacked.  I'm short about 100 cans all of a sudden.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:15 pm »

I noticed that about two days ago, but I figured you had already noticed it.

I think only G.O.D. can take that many at once.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2006, 03:34:36 am »

Yes, but it's hard to imagine that the man wish the stache has done anything to warrant that sort of thing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up