Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Poll

On the topic of Tattoos

I have Ink
- 7 (33.3%)
I plan to get Ink
- 3 (14.3%)
I want ink but I'm scared
- 4 (19%)
Ink is for crap dudes
- 7 (33.3%)
I changed my vote from "Ink is for Crap Dudes" to "Ink is OK but not for me"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 10, 2006, 11:09:52 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got Ink?  (Read 11148 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 03:37:25 pm »

I have a sort of wolf (it is a kind of tribal and semi-abstract design; most people do not immediately recognize it as a wolf) on my right shoulder. I got it when I was 18 in one of those typical "I am a man and I am independent and if I have a tattoo perhaps I will be a little less nerdy and little more like someone who might someday get laid" type of moods. It's actually a pretty cool looking tattoo I think (I don't have a digital camera but I will try and get a photo of it), but it's also sort of lame because it's pretty fierce looking and I am not a very fierce type of person. So I have mixed feelings toward the ink, but people and especially females respond very well to it, and it's small and high up enough that even just wearing a t-shirt covers it, so most people don't even know it's there.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 06:26:57 pm »

Yes, yes I do.

It's a USMC tattoo on my left pec. A picture will show up eventually, as I don't have a digital camera.

AlohaDawg: Pentecost?

I'll give you a tiny can for recognizing that as a symbol of Pentecost even though I don't support  the whole can-economy-concept. I generally refer to it as a representation of the Holy Spirit which I am learning to depend on more in my life. It's definitely a journey.

My favorite tattoo I've seen here is on a pretty big but not fat guy - you can see the tail of a gecko ending by his navel and one leg pointing up toward his chest on the right. The other leg wraps around the side and the length of the gecko is diagaonal on his back with one leg coming around under his arm and the head on the left side of his upper chest. It's pretty awesome.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 06:51:45 pm »

I've already got the tattoo I want picked out, but I don't want to get one while I am in any way financially dependent on my parents. Soon, though....SOON.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 10:29:31 pm »

Speaking of tattoos, anybody else see the UFC fights on Saturday? That one dude who choked out Hinkle looked like a straight-up bowling ball of hate. All tatted up and everything.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 12:29:32 am »

Those of you who voted 'Ink is for crap dudes' oughta post with a little more information on the facts behind your belief. I would be interested in hearing what makes you think that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 01:13:21 am »

It might just be that the Crap Dudes Option is hard to resist.

But yeah if not what's the story?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 01:21:54 am »

Well it was the only option for people who don't have ink and don't want it. So going by the poll, either you have ink, want ink, or think people with ink are crap. Perhaps a simple, "I don't want ink," option may have lowered the "crap dude" numbers. 
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 01:33:57 am »

Well it was the only option for people who don't have ink and don't want it. So going by the poll, either you have ink, want ink, or think people with ink are crap. Perhaps a simple, "I don't want ink," option may have lowered the "crap dude" numbers. 

Yeah, I'll back that up.  I don't have any tattoos, and while I'm not against it or anything, I just can't imagine anything that I want to print on myself that I'll still want to look at (or have other people look at) when I'm like 70.  Other people can have whatever they want and not be wantonly labeled "crap dudes."  There are a few crap dudes with tattoos though.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 02:45:28 am »

Indeed. I mean I'll oggle the Suicide Girls just as much as the next guy but I have no desire to have them thar drawings on me personally. See also: piercings.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 03:17:42 am »

Piercings are a little different in my book, since if you take it out, it closes up (unless it was like a 00-gauge plug or something).  This makes it pretty much OK, since you don't really have to worry about its appearance at 70.

Of course, I still don't have any, but I sure could.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 03:50:31 am »

First, I apologize for any blatant spelling errors. I just got one of those new curvy keyed ergonomical keyboards, and it's giving me hell.


I have a two of the most awesome and beautiful tattoos in existence.
 1. A huge one across my chest of a sacred heart over a compass rose, flanked in by the east and west wind like from an old pirate map. It is my favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
 2. I have my right outer arm half-sleeved with a scene of St. Michael kicking old scratch out of heaven at swordpoint the figures and the rocks they are on are in grayscale, surrounded by a sky in sunset colors. You may have seen little catholic statues or paintings depicting the same scene. It is my second favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.

I also have two of the most ridiculous tattoos in existence.
 1. inner upper right arm- a scene from "monkey vs. *****" of a monkey hitting a ***** with a stick
 2. inner upper left arm- the instructions from a chopstick wrapper. I shit you not.

Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 05:48:46 am »



I have this tattooed above my junk.

And then this verse on my back:

Shazam BAM, shocka locka lokey
Shaggy the clown back like scoliosis
Call me a psycho-skitso freak
And I'll call you by your name (dick-anus)
Cuz I can give two shits and a fuck
I bounce down Verner in a popcorn clown truck
I'm a circus ninja southwest voodoo wizard.

I am so sorry
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 06:07:10 am »

....I gaveth.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 09:27:18 pm »

Being me, and responding to Alex, no, no piercings for you. You sure COULDN'T. It would make me sad. No one wants that. :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 09:33:27 pm »

I have a two of the most awesome and beautiful tattoos in existence.
 1. A huge one across my chest of a sacred heart over a compass rose, flanked in by the east and west wind like from an old pirate map. It is my favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
 2. I have my right outer arm half-sleeved with a scene of St. Michael kicking old scratch out of heaven at swordpoint the figures and the rocks they are on are in grayscale, surrounded by a sky in sunset colors. You may have seen little catholic statues or paintings depicting the same scene. It is my second favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
I also have two of the most ridiculous tattoos in existence.
 1. inner upper right arm- a scene from "monkey vs. #####" of a monkey hitting a ##### with a stick
 2. inner upper left arm- the instructions from a chopstick wrapper. I shit you not.

Wait...really? Pictures of all of these are extremely necessary.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up