Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Nerd Test  (Read 5023 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The New Nerd Test
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:15:38 am »

The new way to measure your nerdiness: as a measure of the sheer pleasure you get from the Uncyclopedia.

Apparently, I'm a bigger nerd than ever.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:52:01 pm »

Wow, apparently I'm not nerdy at all. Who knew?
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:52:51 am »

OH MAN. The Mortal Kombat entry
had me doing laugh sounds. That I find it funny 12 years after the fact is probably that Nerd Test thing.
Logged
I am older now.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 02:15:59 am »

This is the first thing I saw when I went to Uncyclopedia... it hurt me so much that I couldn't even go on. I had to post this instead.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 03:17:13 am »

Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 05:35:24 am »

Logged
I am older now.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 12:08:42 pm »

Apparently so... we have seven days to bring it up to their snuff.

EDIT: fixed it up a bit. whaddaya think?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 12:49:33 pm by Golfhaus »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 01:29:09 pm »

Those guys are dicks.  They don't like any humor that isn't in their own particular idiom.  Well, they didn't like non-sequitors back when I hung out there.  Let's leave it at that.


PS I'm still AT fuck*ng WORK
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 01:46:07 pm »

Golf, regardless of anything else on that site (besides Kitten huffing, which could redeem just about anything else) your version of the beach boys may be the greatest band line up in the world.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 02:18:57 pm »

Thanks, Doc. Originally Grover Cleveland was the harmonica player, but they've already developed quite an extensive history of the presidents, so I swapped him out with Aaron Burr.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 02:34:03 pm »

I find the idea of this funnier than the actual slogging through and reading most of the entries, especially the longer ones.  I'm not sure what kind of a nerd this makes me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 07:35:49 pm »

Yeah, I sort of agree. The concept of a Wikipedia parody: extremely hilarious. This actual Wikipedia parody: enhhh. Realizing how much time went into this lukewarm Wikipedia parody: extreme embarrassment-by-proxy.

(I'm gonna lose a tiny can for this, I know it.)

(And then I'm gonna lose a tiny can from AD for talking about tiny cans outside of Designated Tiny-Can Speech Areas.)
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 07:59:25 pm »

Not from me; different strokes and all. And there's a lot of jokes on the Uncyclopedia that fall flat. But the Grover Cleveland entry, for example, made me wet myself.

Also, the fact that today is "Peyton Manning Does Everything But Play In The Super Bowl Day."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 08:16:30 pm »

Okay, I laughed at the Grover Cleveland article. That said, Uncyclopedia gets way more points from me for linking to the actual, honest-to-God Wikipedia article on Leeroy Jenkins. Holy shit, it's real!

(Things like this make me question the necessity of the Uncyclopedia, since Wikipedia seems to do a fine job mocking itself...)
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: The New Nerd Test
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 10:17:57 pm »

Apparently so... we have seven days to bring it up to their snuff.

EDIT: fixed it up a bit. whaddaya think?

Very nice, you've breathed life into it. My stub was a bit hasty. So this is something you have to actually think about and spend more than a few minutes on? Hm. I've got to try and get "X-treme! Leftism" tagged somewhere on the Unicyclopedia. 
Logged
I am older now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up