Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006  (Read 7281 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 02:58:38 pm »

Oh, man. This is totally lined up to be the best arc ever, and the fact that it started with ChatSacks makes it all the better. Oh my gosh.

I'm curious to see if anyone actually gets killed, given that Heaven memorably burned down. What's left in the afterlife for these dudes? I guess there's still Hell, but been-there-done-that. That said, maybe Ray in the afterlife will meet Cartilage Head, and they can have a beer and laugh about it all?
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 03:18:23 pm »

It's so typically Ray that he believes kicking "rich amounts of ass with a remarkable style" simply "shouldn't be a problem." Dogg is so stone cold confident that I predict he'll become a bestselling inspirational author/speaker after the GOF.

Has he ever experienced a moment of self-doubt, in the history of the strip?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 03:37:45 pm »

Has he ever experienced a moment of self-doubt, in the history of the strip?

I can't search right now, but I believe this has happened while he was drunk/high, but I'm not totally sure.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 03:43:06 pm »

When I read "Beef, are you in the fight?" I gasped.  This plot twist took me by surprise and caused a visceral reaction.  Best story arc ever?  Possibly.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

mkilly

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • Glitter & Twang
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 03:49:42 pm »

Heh heh heh, those last three panels had me in stitches. VERITABLE STITCHES.
Logged
I never age at all, never die, unlike all the stars in the sky I'll be young forever and why?--'cause I'm a vampire.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 04:06:56 pm »

Oh man I am loving this storyline more and more each day.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 04:14:55 pm »

shiiiit!!! I didn't even know it was POSSIBLE for this storyline to get awesomer!
I can't get over how AWESOME this strip makes me feel, deep down inside.

The goggles and helmets totally make it.

Also I think that they are going to be on the same side, because Beef says "we'll figure it out then," and so on. There's a team feel here.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 04:18:07 pm »

Also I think that they are going to be on the same side, because Beef says "we'll figure it out then," and so on. There's a team feel here.

We'll see how it works out when push comes to shove.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 04:21:40 pm »

I don't know about this Beef v Ray or Beef/Ray team thing.  I've got a feeling that Beef is going to go it alone, just as he's had to do his whole life.  Dude is from Circumstances after all, and I think we'll see the true heir of Ramses Luther Smuckles is none other than a Mr. R Beef Kazenzakis.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 04:37:13 pm »

I think we'll see the true heir of Ramses Luther Smuckles is none other than a Mr. R Beef Kazenzakis.

What if...what if Ray's mom has another secret she's never revealed to Ray?!?!
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 05:18:08 pm »

What if when it comes down to just the two of them Ray does the noble thing and lays down for Beef? It would be mind boggling.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 05:24:59 pm »

Beef couldn't handle winning - he'd have to go bury the trophy in the backyard.  How could he BE so cocky?
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 05:45:01 pm »

Onstad appears to be on a roll here similar to that of Melville in certain passages of the final chapters of Moby Dick. Passages that just make you say, "Ohhh shiiiiit," because the author has clearly tapped briefly but grandly into mental circuitry that anyone who has ever had even a single creative impulse should recognize as hell of rare.

A tiny can to you, my good sir (sizzle?), for your excellent taste in literature.


Ray versus Beef is like Hitler versus Stalin, Romeo versus Juliet, Magic versus Science...and other innacurate comparisons!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 05:51:40 pm »

But wait.  Wouldn't Beef have had to qualify?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 05:55:24 pm »

This thread is making me dizzy with possibilities even my super imaginative brain would have never thought of! DIZZY I SAY! :gasp!:
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up