Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006  (Read 20737 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:38:45 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02072006

Oh, I love it. The plot thickens. But whose brand is Beef building? His own, or Ray's?

Can't believe he's being this cold-heartedly ruthless. It is the Fight, but this is guilty Beef. I think he's taken it on himself to redeem Ray's birthright. At. The. Cost. Of. His. Life.

EDITED BY V to add permalink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:39:56 am by V-Adore »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:41:24 am »

Awesome.

I'm also fond of "you can't hack a massive furious Nazi from San Bernadino."

Better and better... especially the weird cats-in-perspective in the third-to-last panel. This storyline is a delight.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 05:42:30 am »

This is just so bizarre. It seems a bit out of character for Beef.

Remids me of Slater's character in True Romance, all nerdy, working at a video store, then falls in love and caps Gary Oldman like it ain't nothin'.

Edit: Just noticed the fence. It's there to keep things in. Awesome touch.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:45:34 am by lprkn »
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 05:53:59 am »

This is n e c e s s a r i l y gonna be awesome!
Logged

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 05:58:45 am »

what in the HELL is Ray doing questioning whether Roast Beef can bust asses.  the guy cuts himself on sour cream lids.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:00:47 am »

I think this might be the real Beef. He ain't afraid of no creeks no more.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 06:08:03 am »

Some people seem a certian way, but when the circumstances are right another person altogether emerges.  This is just such a circumstance in Beef's instance.

Frikkin' Awesome!!!

Who said this story would make a good movie?  Yes, I think it's time to start casting this thing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 06:10:52 am »

You just can't cold run down a man!
Logged
ACHIEVE

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 06:17:56 am »

Holy crap, you know who Beef is talking like?

Alright you want a hot dog or a Polish or anything
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 06:18:13 am »

You just can't cold run down a man!

Like hell you can't.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 06:18:48 am »

I don't think I have ever been so excited for the next day's strip. This arc is Achewood's ultimate purpose.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 06:19:18 am »

I think this might be the real Beef. He ain't afraid of no creeks no more.


But is that brave or stupid?  remember, if there is an earthquake the creek can close in around you.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 06:20:42 am »

Who said this story would make a good movie?  Yes, I think it's time to start casting this thing.

I think we did a good job last time we played this, but I don't feel like digging it up.  I'm not saying we shouldn't do it again, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 06:57:51 am »

Beef knows brand building alright. You run a guy down and get off your bike and casually ask your sidecar passenger if he wants something from the concession stand, people are going to be more impressed than if you ran the guy down and started bellowing and bragging and yelling I BRING THE PAIN, SEE WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU so all nearby can hear you.

Plus, Beef would make a great contestant on The Running Man
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: I ain't Frederick H. Coca-Cola February 7, 2006
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 07:08:35 am »

Now that the dude's leg is broken, are there only 2,997 contestants besides Beef and Ray?  Or will the commissioner find an extra fighter before the event to fill the quota?

And Beef only ran over that cat so that 1) he wouldn't be able to compete and 2) he can let on like he's cold-blooded.  Beef is a scholar, not some strong-arm thug, all. 
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up