Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mojo for Side Show  (Read 10022 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 03:42:42 am »

I have a burning house of love for side_show.

The idea that she would need a love-o-plasty is highly offensive to me. Are you suggesting there isn't already enough love?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 05:10:09 am »

The internet is an awkward place.  I don't know what to say.

I hope everything is ok.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 06:29:45 am »

Get well soon, Smells.  Our healthy wishes and thoughts are with you.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 06:19:53 pm »

Indeed. Recuperate! If you need plasma, blood, CNS or semen, well....you can borrow my carpet.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 02:51:39 pm »

Thanks all.  I am feeling the love.  Indeed I take all the love and then some.  Like Bozack's carpet, I will simply absorb it all.

We did all the tests yesterday, including the unpleasantness of being in stirrups and 7 vials of blood (on top of the other tests done earlier this week, and last week).  My vein actually collapsed on the first vile, and the lab guy was pleased that I was not the nervous/queasy type as I pumped my fist maniacally to get the blood flowing in little surges into the vials.  It was intense.  I peed into a cup and was embarrassed to give my warm cup o' pee over to said lab guy.  Also, as I was then sent to get X-rays after that, I was sitting in the empty waiting room and in walked a mustachioed man, and though he had major handle bars not curly-ques, I still took it as a sign and thought of Paul and y'all/ya'll and your kindness for a moment.

It's going to be a week of tense waiting - the results will be in on Friday. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 03:15:21 pm »

The Mustachioed Man.  He is a Good Omen.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 07:08:52 pm »

My grandfather once went to a physical with an apple-juice-box in his pocket. When he went to collect a urine sample, he poured it into the cup. When the doctor noticed that the urine seemed off, my grandfather said, "It probably just needs to be run through again.", grabbed the cup and chugged it.
I think my grandfather was actually some sort of prankster god.
Good luck!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 07:11:45 pm »

I am in awe
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 07:14:22 pm »


I think my grandfather was actually some sort of prankster god.


Did he also bury fossils everywhere?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 07:15:56 pm »

You idiot! That was one of God's EASIEST jokes!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 07:30:40 pm »

It seemed so plausible!



AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhh
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 10:48:21 pm »

bozack--
a similar joke is in a book I read (it was some short story collection by Larry Niven). I always hoped that somewhere, at some time, someone had actually done it.

my life is so much better now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 05:38:56 am »

Man I can't wait till I'm 60 or so, I just feel I couldn't get away with a joke like that until then.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 09:02:18 pm »

The mustachioed man was there to tell you that everything is going to be alright.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Mojo for Side Show
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 01:57:07 am »

The mustachioed man was there to tell you that everything is going to be alright.

~Paul

I'm glad to see the Guild of Mustaches is keeping their good work up. You guys do good work, Paul; you're like shriners, except with facial hair instead of tiny cars. (Or maybe facial hair in addition to tiny cars. Tiny, firebreathing cars!)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up