Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB MVP for 2005  (Read 5306 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 08:23:20 pm »

The newsbox is not big enough for my campaign poster.  Curses!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 08:28:58 pm »

I'd just like to point out that for a paltry $10 donation any one of the candidates can option a campaign message.  We're all about equal opportunities around here.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 01:10:09 am »

If anyone needs a campaign manager, my evenings are now free for the most part, and I am well connected.  I know many very rich and powerful people.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 02:20:54 am »

I don't really have an opinion in this matter. I would like to hear a voter's reasons for picking a given candidate.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 02:41:19 am »

Would kind of defeat the purpose in a way wouldn't it?  Secret ballots and all.

Either that or, you know what they say, if you don't know who to vote for.... 

*knowing smile (wipes?)*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 08:09:13 pm »

It would defeat the purpose of secret ballots, but it would not defeat the purpose of the awards generally. I'm not asking everyone to divulge who they're voting for, just one or two people to make a case for a candidate. Obviously if I don't end up voting no harm will come of it.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 08:53:12 pm »

In the interest of fair voting, I will attempt to construct an argument for each of the nominees as MVP:

Arkabee: Sure, Arkabee isn't the most prolific poster, but when he does it is basically poetry. That, and he always has a novel viewpoint on the issues, and even when I don't agree with him, his opinions are thought-provoking. Definitely one of the most interesting people I've encountered on this board.

Bozack: Man, what can I even say about Bozack? He's the total package.
...
Okay, I'm not proud of myself. But seriously. He's funny, he's interesting, he has incredible stories, and he's a melancholy Batman. What's not to love?

Paul: Two words: picture posts. Two more words: flaming automobiles. One final word: MUSTACHE.

Side_show: Anyone good-natured enough to put up with being called "Smells" deserves your MVP vote. Seriously, though, side_show is in a lot of ways the emotional heart of the board. She's brright, honest, and genuinely caring towards a bunch of random weirdos met on a message board originally designed to discuss cartoon cats; there's something to be said for that.

Wombat: Wombat always surprises me with the sheer depth of her knowledge, both of small mammals and of non-small-mammal things. It's always a delight to discuss something with her.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 09:05:57 pm »

That is very nicely done, V.  Almost too nicely done.  Now I want to vote for everyone including myself, who was the only candidate I'd eliminated.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 10:30:30 pm »

Please bear in mind that Wombat is the only one here so far with triple digit Dr Peppers.  That says a lot about the quality of her posts.

Bozack is a loveable little scamp - like the board's plucky kid brother.

side_show is a doll.  She usually has a very interesting and relevant story to tell that puts things into excellent perspective.  Plus, she has the second cutest avatar here.

Paul posts lots of photos, often in response to other people's posts.  He's the crazy uncle with the crazy mustache of the board.

Ark is like that shy cousin who introduced you to crystal meth.  He doesn't say much but it's a wonder when he does.  His posts are more akin to tone poems than blathering message board posts.

Then there's AugustWest, who was not nominated but probably should have been.  He's the snarky big brother of the board, always quick with a clever quip and then disappearing back into the shadows.

Clearly, the choice is obvious.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 10:53:27 pm »

.

Clearly, the choice is obvious.


Of course! Vote for AugustWest!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 02:03:37 am »

Now cut that shit out!

And what do you fuck*ng mean, snarky?  I'm not snarky!  I'm charming, dammit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 02:35:57 pm »

Thank you all for your assistance. You should sleep well tonight knowing that you are making democracy work.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 01:03:51 am »

My new campaign platform: My fellow citizens, vote for anyone but Wombat!  I have such a complex about my number of tiny cans, despite how much I love them, that I don't think I could stand winning anything else.  And I don't need anything else.  It wouldn't be fair.

Thank you.  We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 03:39:49 am »

Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 12:36:00 am »

thank you for the nomination.

i don't think i'm ever going to figure out how to turn all the new fangled crap off in this confarndelded damnable new message board thing with the shiny shiny and the flashy flashy and the stuff.

regardless, thank you.  i had an internet friend at one point, with whom we "fed" bots each other's posts to a NG we frequented.  unsurprisingly, my bot wrote better posts than i did. 

life is incredibly interesting at this moment in time.  the easiest real world example to show such is that ordinarily in a new year, i tend to use the last year's date for a month or two until i "get the hang of" the fact it's a new year.

so far, this year, i'm tending to date things 2007 instead.

So,
thank you for the nominiation,
but
cast your votes for those whose posts can not be replaced by idle chatter from bots whose dictionaries are created solely from posts of the past.
look to the future.
to the future.
the future.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up