Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Valentine's. Or not.  (Read 10528 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:53:11 pm »

Should we have a thread about what we are doing for Valentine's Day?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:59:22 pm »

Can you open a thread by asking if you should open a thread?  Doesn't that affect the space...  time... thingy.


Anyway, suffice to say, you do not want to know.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 05:00:40 pm »

Yes we should!

I distributed these Valentines to my closest friends:



And in Lab I may be working with carcinogens and mutagens again (if I'm lucky)!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 05:02:26 pm »

Anyway, suffice to say, you do not want to know.

Oh, indeed I do.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 05:18:36 pm »

My SO is on a cruise for business and won't be back until Sunday. So nothing. She wasn't here for her birthday either, which was Saturday.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:21:31 pm »

A cruise for business?  On her birthday and Valentine's?  Um, Cort...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 05:22:12 pm »

My SO is on a cruise for business and won't be back until Sunday. So nothing. She wasn't here for her birthday either, which was Saturday.

A "business cruise."  I think you guys need do talk.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 05:24:09 pm »

Yeah, not to sound cynical or anything, I'm sure it's all legit.  But the sound you just heard is the sound of the ENTIRE BOARD having red flags pop up at the phrase "business cruise".

I'm just sayin' is all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 05:26:55 pm »

I got three girls to take care of for Valentine's day.

So today the wife will find flowers in the car which she can take to work; there's nice-but-inexpensive jewelry from Macy's for wife and oldest child, a cute little red dress for youngest child and we all go out to dinner this evening.

Then I assume I got hips to serve.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 05:35:22 pm »


Then I assume I got hips to serve.

I'd say "You da man, 'Dawg!" and commence the leering and thumbs-upping, but really, considering you're a married man with a family, it just seems inappropriate.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 05:48:52 pm »

Yeah, not to sound cynical or anything, I'm sure it's all legit.  But the sound you just heard is the sound of the ENTIRE BOARD having red flags pop up at the phrase "business cruise".

I'm just sayin' is all.

Well I admit I was vague on purpose just to see the reactions. This is the 2nd time they've had the cruise but last year it was in the fall. Everybody make sure to subscribe to their mailing list so you can be the first to hear about next year.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 05:51:43 pm »

You know... I got a catalog in the mail the other day for Olivia.

Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be invited, what do they know that I do not? 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 06:17:08 pm »

Everybody make sure to subscribe to their mailing list so you can be the first to hear about next year.

Oh look, we're missing the "Special Ms. Feminist Land Excursion to Mayan Ruins."

Um, WTF?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 07:25:09 pm »

Mrs. del Vaca gets chocolates.
Lizzie del Vaca gets Dora stickers.
Catie del Vaca gets to chew on the envelopes from everyone else's cards.  She won't notice that she doesn't get any presents herself.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Valentine's. Or not.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 09:54:23 pm »

I got my girlfriend a cool vintage-ey pin. it is a flower.
also, a wierd little comb. A girl I am friends with said it was a good choice.


Um... beyond that... we'll be at play practice together, i suppose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up