Hi all,
Today when I woke up it was - 36 degrees Celsius (-32.8 degrees Fahrenheit), but with windchill it was -47 degrees Celsius (-52.6 degree Fahrenheit), now it has "warmed up" to -33 degrees Celsius (-27.4 degree Fahrenheit). No these are not typos. I went out in this weather, caught a bus and went to work.
It was basically just as cold yesterday, and I started the day yesterday stuck in the house because both my front and back doors had frozen shut. Then when I got them opened I discovered that both the locks were so frozen and seized up with frost that the lock would not even accept the key into the key hole. I used a blow dryer to warm up the door and then locked up. I knew I was coming home to siezed up locks, so I called our builder's locksmith and met him at my door, and got into my house no problem. It was wild. This morning my SO's car wouldn't start, and when I got to work I discovered that out of the 350 students we were expecting only 11 of them were able to make it to the theatre. It's that cold
Here is a list of things that have been cancelled as of 10:15 AM:
....Buses and classes are cancelled in Seine River School Division.
.....Schools in Red River Valley School Division are closed.
.....Dawson Road basketball tournament is postponed to next weekend
.....There will be no School buses running in the city of Winnipeg, All School Divisions........but schools will be open.
..... The Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary school says buses are cancelled all day, but the School is Open.
.....The Gillis Play and Learn Day-Care Center in Tyndall is Closed.
....The Sunrise school division says none of their buses are running and students are asked "not to come to school"......They would like the staff to make their best effort to get in, but students are encouraged not to show up.
.....Buses and classes cancelled in Pine Creek School Division.
.....Gray Academy buses cancelled but classes are on.
......Buses cancelled in Seven Oaks School Division but classes are on.
......Prairie Rose School Division buses and classes are cancelled.
......No classes today at Manitoba School for the Deaf.
.....Buses and classes in Borderland School Division cancelled.
..... All buses in Manitoba's French school division are cancelled
..... Lord Selkirk School Division all classed cancelled no buses as well
.... KPAC Indoor Trrack meet at University of Manitoba (Seven Oaks and River East Transcona Divisions.
.....Tache Community Daycare in Lorette is closed.
.....Beausejour Kids Centre closed.
.....Lakeshore School Division classes and buses cancelled.
.....Interlake School Division...no buses, no classes.
.....Sagkeeng Schools are closed.
....King Transportation - Family Services Buses are not running.
....Stonewall Faith Academy no school.
....Louis Riel School Division buses not running schools are open.
....Daycare in Ste. Anne's Closed.
.....Hanover School division classes are cancelled but staff should come in.
.....Turtle Mountain School division classes are cancelled.
.....Manitoba ORFF Chapter 30th Anniversary Festival postponed.
.....All WASO sites closed.
.....Springfield Learning Center Dugald site closed.
......Buses for Donald Ohomo at Crane River cancelled but schools are open.
......Hazelridge community club dance is cancelled - the furnace broke.
....Sergeant Tommy Prince SChool at Scanterbury is closed today.
.....Faith Academy is school busses are not running schools are open.
......St Johns Ravenscourt school buses ARE running.
......West Kildonan tiny tots nursery school is cancelled today
.......West St. Paul Nursery School is closed today.