Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jobs!  (Read 19364 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Jobs!
« on: February 18, 2006, 01:50:04 pm »

At the risk of no-one actually caring enough to reply:

Almost everyone in this forum seems to be of working age, and there must be something you do all day other than sit in front of a computer screen. Unless you work in an office, in which case you are in front of a PC all day anyway, reading webcomics and refreshing things like TOUAMB almost constantly (speaking from personal experience).

Asking out of my own warped curiosity, what do folks here do for a living? Don't be shy.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 02:03:42 pm »

I manually masturbate animals for artificial insemenation.




Not really.  I'm a techie.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 03:13:08 pm »

DickSlap - what do you do?

I am a theatre artist - at any one time I could be directing something, have written/be writting  something, be acting in something, or managing the production of something.  I also work at the largest children's theatre in Canada, where I design and administrate workshop programs for schools and other groups.

Beyond the theatre thing, I have had so many jobs in the past, that I probably can't list them all here, but highlights/lowlights include:  Underage porn video store employee, Krispy Kreme call centre agent, Wal-Mart Housewares associate, journalist, person who put food in blender then served it at an old folks home, Dunkaroos! Sample giver-outer, Arts and Entertainment Editor of university paper, Assistant manager of art gallery of sculptures of naked pre-teen girls, and comic book store staff person.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:23:03 pm »

DickSlap - what do you do?

I am really regretting choosing this username.

I am a backup paperboy.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 04:03:55 pm »

So does the regular paper boy dick slap you?

(also, don't worry about your name, everyone here calls me Smells, so you're in good company!)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »

It's a pleasure to meet you, Smells.

The regular paperboy does dick slap me, but not as part of the job. I just like younger boys.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 05:15:21 pm »

Damn I didn't know I was going to have to post my resume.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 05:26:19 pm »

Um, okay DickSlap...

Here's your chance to not sound like a predatory pedophile:
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 05:33:50 pm »

I think it's already too late for that.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 07:05:55 pm »

I'm an undercover FBI agent. please come with me, dickslap.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 07:24:12 pm »

Slappy, if you wanna win a TOUAMBIE this really isn't the best category to be in.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 07:30:42 pm »

I'm self/un-employed.  I run a couple of web servers, host other sites, do web design for clients, make web sites on which to sell advertising, write freelance articles, and recently have begun producing and selling t-shirts.

I'm busy.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 07:33:26 pm »

I'm self/un-employed.  I run a couple of web servers, host other sites, do web design for clients, make web sites on which to sell advertising, write freelance articles, and recently have begun producing and selling t-shirts.

I'm busy.

I didn't know you sold t-shirts.  Do you have a website?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 07:34:25 pm »

Heh.  Tiny can to Paul.

Oh, and I'm a fluffer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 07:38:57 pm »

I didn't know you sold t-shirts.  Do you have a website?

Just opened up the store this week, Paul.

Web site is:

http://wordfront.com/wares/

Check it out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up