Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jobs!  (Read 19412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 09:03:56 pm »

I get paid to look at boobs all day.




Seriously.

Do you write the captions for the Spice Channel?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:14:31 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 09:20:08 pm »

wait wait wait
i do not understand this "fluffing"...
if the large number of naked ladies is not sufficient, what does the "fluffer" do?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 09:25:06 pm »

Do you write the captions for the Spice Channel?

Heh, he wishes.

At the moment, I get paid to pick up poop, distribute items that are transmuted into more poop, and answer stupid questions, including "Is that poisonous?" and "Where is the bathroom?" 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 10:11:26 pm »

wait wait wait
i do not understand this "fluffing"...
if the large number of naked ladies is not sufficient, what does the "fluffer" do?

The fluffer blows... the fluffer blows.

Seriously, getting it up around naked ladies is easy, but try getting it up around naked ladies, cameras and a bunch of dudes trying to decide what angle at which to shoot your dinkus.  It's a bit more difficult in that situation.

Speaking of which, hey womby, where's the bathroom, and is that poisonous?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 03:29:08 am »

I do computer consulting-type crap.  I just got ITIL Foundation certified!  Whoo hoo!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 03:42:18 am »

I work in project controls for a construction company, building a power plant.

Huntington Utah.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 03:46:56 am »

Postdoctoral researcher (I think that's the official title), but I'm in the market for a new job.  If anyone has a contact at a national lab, let me know.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 04:00:11 am »

Postdoctoral researcher (I think that's the official title), but I'm in the market for a new job.  If anyone has a contact at a national lab, let me know.

What's your focus?
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:08 am »

I don't have a real job yet, I'm still in college (Political Science). I do work part time at a copy shop, and I'm on fire crew (wildfire) in the summer.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 12:40:01 pm »

I do computer consulting-type crap.  I just got ITIL Foundation certified!  Whoo hoo!

Ugh... my company made us do this whole huge ITIL thing last year.  Now we have Incident Management and Problem Management and everything else was pretty much thrown out the window.  WAY TO WASTE WHAT COULD'VE BEEN A RAISE $InternationalFinancialCompany, WAY TO GO!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 12:45:50 pm »

Jobs? Who has those? Wouldn't you rather be in school for ridiculously long periods of time? Like me?

Yep...student...Purdue...and now for 3 more years...I do not know how I feel about this turn of events...
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 01:18:36 pm »

Speaking of which, hey womby, where's the bathroom, and is that poisonous?

Left down the hill.  No, or I wouldn't be standing in the public hallway holding it in my bare hands!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 02:19:30 pm »

I don't have a real job yet, I'm still in college (Political Science). I do work part time at a copy shop, and I'm on fire crew (wildfire) in the summer.

Oh dear.  Drop that Poli Sci major while you can, get a useful degree in Computer Science or something.  Wish I had done that, but noooooooo.

Q--fortunately we were doing half the ITIL shit already, so it really hasn't been that big a deal.  Something nice to drop on my resume, anyway.  Next I have to get PMP (which for the uninitiated is not what you're thinking it is).  Yay.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 02:21:32 pm »

Technical Writer. Or "glorified typist", as some people would say, but I don't ride with those people.

Boring but also stressful work. Oh well, it pays the bills, and as long as I still haven't figured out what I would really like to do for a living...

Uh-oh... that's what I'm finishing up college to be.

For the last six years (!) I've worked for an airline in ground operations. Basically, I do everything at an airport that doesn't involve actually going into the air. It is also a stressful job at times, but it's got its perks. $40 flights to Greenland being one of them.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs!
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 02:22:40 pm »

Next I have to get PMP (which for the uninitiated is not what you're thinking it is).

Yes it is.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up