Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GOF Newbie gender  (Read 8365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
GOF Newbie gender
« on: February 20, 2006, 05:56:25 am »

So, today the idea popped into my mind that, most likely, most of the people who have been inspired to register by the GOF are male. The achewood readership appears to slant male in the first place, but I'm guessing that GOF afficianados are extremely so. EXTREMELY MALE.

Yea or nay?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 06:18:32 am »

Actually I thought a couple of the newbies were ladies.  I could be wrong.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:25:37 am »

Actually I thought a couple of the newbies were ladies.  I could be wrong.
'ere, point that thing somewhere else. I'm a bloke, I am.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 09:20:51 am »

If anybody remembers my short-lived avatar that had my face on it, they would know that I am a dude.

However, I was reading these boards long enough ago to remember Paul's old(current) avatar, and was not simply attracted by the GOF.
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »

We must keep them mostly male or the magic of me being female wears off...and we can't have that!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 01:17:03 pm »

This is clearly a story line for Guys, notwithstanding my enjoyment of certain aspects of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 02:00:11 pm »

If anybody remembers my short-lived avatar that had my face on it, they would know that I am a dude.

However, I was reading these boards long enough ago to remember Paul's old(current) avatar, and was not simply attracted by the GOF.

Wait, are you saying you joined because you remember my avatar from before?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 03:03:34 pm »

Eek! I'd forgotten Paul's old avatar.  He's almost as scary as Jough.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

FutureDeadPerson

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • ARBLE GABBLE GOBBLE GREEBLE
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 03:13:27 pm »

I am EXTREMELY MALE.


I lurked before GOF, it just made me register.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 03:19:11 pm »

I am EXTREMELY MALE.

EXTREMELY?  If the world of fast food has taught me anything, Extreme Male means that you have cheese and bacon on your regular Whopper of manhood.  That's almost as bad as a pizza.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 03:21:27 pm »

EXTREMELY?  If the world of fast food has taught me anything, Extreme Male means that you have cheese and bacon on your regular Whopper of manhood.  That's almost as bad as a pizza.


This mental image has forced me to leave my workstation to find something other than tweed fabric walls to PUSH THIS HORRENDOUS PICTURE OUT OF MY MIND.

I'll be right back.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 03:23:04 pm »

Here's a prediction, "Regular Whopper of Manhood" gets nominated for best TOUAMB board cliché next time around.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

FutureDeadPerson

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • ARBLE GABBLE GOBBLE GREEBLE
    • View Profile
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 03:35:55 pm »

That's almost as bad as a pizza.



And how.  :'(
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 03:50:53 pm »

Best Use of Crying :).

A+++++  WOULD LAUGH AGAIN.  DOES NOT SIGN ME UP FOR SO MUCH SPAM
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: GOF Newbie gender
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 02:40:02 am »

I am EXTREMELY MALE.

FutureDeadPerson defies Nature and has two Y chromosomes!  (Even though that would make you a Current Dead Person/A Person Who Could Never Have Existed).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up