Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: February 20th, 2006 - Some have said he was weaned on chicken milk and cocaine  (Read 5524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202006

The annoying hippy was just asking for it if you ask me.

all "NIMMM NAMMM NOMMMMM OHM MNA HAAAPI OHM HNO"

That Leander dude is creeping me out even more now.

EDIT: Apparently, at night everyone stops fighting and just chills. It seems there might be several factions now.

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
I...AM...RUUUUDE!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 11:58:22 am »

So by the end of the first day, Ray Son of Rodney has only knocked out two people? I'm not sure that bodes well, especially since tomorrow will probably be turkey and brandy for him. (Side dishes or no.)

Does anybody recognize any silhouettes in the last frame?
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

note pony tail hanging out of crane.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

"I heard he doesn't like music" has to be one of the more amusing statements utilized while building a myth 'round someone.


Anyway, I was hope for more Butterfly/Lightbulb action out of S+M but you know, whatever.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff

I am particularly fond of the second frame where Ray and Beef are whispering and the last whisper is especially exciting all bigger, bolder and "...WHISPER!"...plus the little "HEH!". Loves it! I also love that his big quote here is "I...AM...RUUUDE!" It's so proper and wonderful. WONDERFUL! God, I want to have the love child of this arc....
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Man, what a letdown.  He just jumps on the dude?

HOW DO YOU CREATE A MYTHOS BY JUMPING ON A DUDE?

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Yeah, I really don't see the point here.  Anyone can just walk by and step on a dude's head while he's honing his chakras.  It certainly wouldn't be a defeat of mythological proportions or anything.

But if that's how they roll, then I'll let them...until tomorrow.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest

I think the epic-ness comes from "I... AM... RUUUDE!", myself. I mean, honestly, who'd mess with that guy? The dude is rude. RUUUDE.

I spent about ten minutes this morning just walking around and saying "I... AM... RUUUDE!" to myself. It's a glorious catchphrase; I might get it on a T-shirt, were such things to exist (hint hint, O T-shirt-monger.)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

I'm thinking it's because he went so over the top.  Dude was realigning his chaka khans.  Ray could have walked up and pissed on his head it would have been that easy.  But no, he went the extra mile and crushed his chest with an elbow delivered from on high. ON HIGH!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

Apparently, at night everyone stops fighting and just chills.

Perhaps it is like the Christmas Truce.

Is "OHM MNA HAAAAPI OHM HNO" a bastardisation of "Om Mani Padme Hum"?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Those chants from S+M sound a lot like Buddhist ones we are currently trying to memorise at school. Then again, everything with OMMM in it is going to seem kind of similar.

I reckon Ray's method of bringing pain was sound. He's telling S+M in no unpleasant terms that the Great Outdoor Fight is a place for elbows and fists. And utilisation of gravity. Though I'm a bit surprised no-one else took out S+M beforehand. Either he's well hard when he's not realigning his chakras or he's the GOF equivalent of one of those goth kids at school not even the rugby team will dare beat up.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Man, what a letdown.  He just jumps on the dude?

HOW DO YOU CREATE A MYTHOS BY JUMPING ON A DUDE?

It worked for the Macho Man. Oh yeah! But agreed, the elbow drop was pretty lame. I expected at least a 450 splash there. Damn you X Division for spoiling me!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Man, and I thought all you wrestling fan boys would pop a boner over that little maneuver.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I spent about ten minutes this morning just walking around and saying "I... AM... RUUUDE!" to myself. It's a glorious catchphrase; I might get it on a T-shirt, were such things to exist (hint hint, O T-shirt-monger.)

Yeah, yeah, everybody says they want a t-shirt with Education "I... AM... RUUUDE!" on it, but then make one and hardly anyone buys one.

:P

Herr Currywurst

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile

It worked for the Macho Man. Oh yeah! But agreed, the elbow drop was pretty lame. I expected at least a 450 splash there. Damn you X Division for spoiling me!

Exactly.  These guys in the GOF are the sort who spent a substantial portion of their paycheck getting an elaborate tattoo when Eddie Guerrero kicked it Keith Moon style.  Ray is invoking a sacred tradition with the Elbow Drop.  The aforementioned Randy Savage.  Dusty Rhodes.  Mick Foley.  Ravishing Rick Rude.

Onstad has the culture of this fight down cold.
Logged
Bennett: Look, it's a debate about whether you think marriage is between a man and a women.

Stewart: I disagree, I think it's a debate about whether you think gay people are part of the human condition or just a random fetish.

- TDS, 6 June 2006
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up