Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 20th, 2006 - Some have said he was weaned on chicken milk and cocaine  (Read 5517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FutureDeadPerson

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • ARBLE GABBLE GOBBLE GREEBLE
    • View Profile

You mean Ravishing Rick RUUUDE?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm

Yeah, yeah, everybody says they want a t-shirt with Education "I... AM... RUUUDE!" on it, but then make one and hardly anyone buys one.

:P

If I had a nickel for everytime I said I'd buy a shirt with something on it, saw the shirt, and didn't buy it, I'd have like 38 cents.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

mannn.
do you think he means "rude" as in "ska"? Because ska is exciting to me, at my age. It just made me laugh to hear someone at a show yesterday calling things "rude" other than titties.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

I was a bit let down at first, but then it only makes sense: why would Ray waste some icky move, or even break a sweat, over a guy who's basically rolling on the floor?
I wish we had seen some of S+M's fighting moves though, if he had any.
But the cut from Ray's landing directly to the crane shot is great. That's rhythm, people. Onstad's all about the book he's gonna put together once this arc is done.

Perhaps it is like the Christmas Truce.

Didn't something like that also happen in 1944 during the battle of the Ardennes? Maybe it's something about the Belgian winter that brings out the best in people, right before they resume killing one another.

mannn.
do you think he means "rude" as in "ska"? Because ska is exciting to me, at my age. It just made me laugh to hear someone at a show yesterday calling things "rude" other than titties.

It's great that you mentioned it, because now I realize that pork pie hats (if that's what Ray's wearing) were also part of the Rude Boy subculture born in Jamaica in the early '60s. Where "rude" meant "cool" or "hip". So, if you think that Ray's jumping on a guy while shouting "I... AM... COOOOOOOOL!" it gets even funnier.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile

The point was to demonstrate that Ray has, to quote Beef "a cruel sense of humor". That is what builds a rep. Any idjit can step on the hippie, the overkill in doing an elbow drop was part of the joke at Sound And Motion's expense. The rep is that Son of Rodney is a fighter with a brutally quirky style.

Plus, I gots to dig Sound's ponytail dangling from the shovel. Man.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

Hate to say it, but the last couple'a strips have been a small pinch of a letdown.

I was expecting a little more ultraviolence, given the buildup.  You know, something like you'd see in a movie with bad dubbing and a lot of Hong Kong actors kicking the crap out of each other and bad color balance and young Quentin Tarantino all young and sitting cross-legged too close to the TV and saying "ooooooh."

This isn't to say that many of the details, such as "rude" and the crane, and "doesn't like music." etc. haven't been great, but big-picture wise, where's the insane action we've been lead to expect?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

This strip contains a make-out scene in the second panel, confirming that Ray wants to get it on with Beef like a million times a day.
Logged
ACHIEVE

V-Adore

  • Guest

This strip contains a make-out scene in the second panel, confirming that Ray wants to get it on with Beef like a million times a day.

To paraphrase Kibo -- dude, your kink is NOT OKAY.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

This strip contains a make-out scene in the second panel, confirming that Ray wants to get it on with Beef like a million times a day.

Dammit, now that's ALL I can see when I look at the strip again.  It takes a special talent to completely and permanently warp an image, a can for you sir.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile

Yeah, yeah, everybody says they want a t-shirt with Education "I... AM... RUUUDE!" on it, but then make one and hardly anyone buys one.

My policy for any piece of clothing is that if it is over 10 dollars and will not keep me warm during a New England winter, it is not for me. Sorry, man. Maybe if it were like a very fine fleece jacket with "Education" on the back.
But I am a woman so you never know. I might just go on some sort of buying rampage.

I, too, am disappointed about Ray only beating up two dudes and having a huge following over it. I expected FAR more owning.

Does it seem to anybody else like it would be impossible to sleep at the GOF? So by the end of the third day, all the dudes have gone insane from sleep deprivation. Maybe Son of Rodney's guys could like, stand guard while he gets a power-nap.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile

Look at Leander resume his familiar creepy hand-rubbing pose as soon as Ray dismounts, all enamored with Son of Rodney's execution.  For Leander, this is like some sort of fantasy camp where you pay $3000 to spend a weekend hitting softballs lobbed by 1970s Yankees, eventually coming across a passed out Reggie Jackson and turning him onto his stomach so that he doesn't choke on his own puke.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

See I thought Leander was clapping, he is just so full of joy at watching the Son of Rodney do his thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.

I definitely saw it as a hands-clasped-together thing. And in his mind he's going "yes...excellent."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm

Look at Leander resume his familiar creepy hand-rubbing pose as soon as Ray dismounts, all enamored with Son of Rodney's execution.  For Leander, this is like some sort of fantasy camp where you pay $3000 to spend a weekend hitting softballs lobbed by 1970s Yankees, eventually coming across a passed out Reggie Jackson and turning him onto his stomach so that he doesn't choke on his own puke.

I sent a baseball card to Reggie Jackson to autograph, in a SASE, mind you, and he never sent it back.  Asshole.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up