Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob  (Read 26902 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 01:59:46 pm »

Son of Rodney SHOWS HIS DAMN STUFF, and about time too.

No one said it could be done, but now it has happened, and we are all forever changed.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 02:19:32 pm »

man, I've already had my wanting-to-rip-off-face moment of the day. or, of the year.

when that boy was screaming in my face and implying that I want the terrorists to kill us all, I was wanting to rip off his face.

I guess now I know I'm not son of rodney, because I just tried to look like I was calmly, politely listening, while my heart rate elevated to hella levels.

now I know: if the boy is scrawny and slightly far away, I will scream right back at him with impunity. if he is in my face and saying things that almost make sense, I will be terrified.

damn. I was hoping I had hidden GOF-style actions.
also, its harder to get mad and scream "our civil liberties are more important!" than it is to say "do you want us all to die!"

plus I kind of said something that was not right, and he totally called me on it.

um, remember when Ray ripped off a man's face? That was incredible.
www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02222006
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 02:20:36 pm »

I never could've predicted the board would go from "it's all about the eyebrows" to "it's all about tearing off faces." Damn Ray. I know the guy insulted your parentage but damn dude. Damn.

Tomorrow: Ray's necklace of ears.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 02:24:59 pm »

What's also interesting to me is that at no time does Ray show any sign of being afraid, or even of being threatened. His arms are still crossed even as he's insulting a Big Bad Dude. After he's hit, he looks more annoyed than anything. I mean, this guy looks primed to stomp him thorough, and it don't faze him none.

Then he's up, gets Elevation, and goes to work. Never a trace of doubt or even fury (that gets past his fist, anyway), just Edison-type calculation. This is truly a different Ray.

I'm gonna chalk this all up to the Fight, and leave it at that. Think about it, Ray became an international superstar, and he didn't change. He became the biggest part of a billionaire, and he didn't change. I think he could win the GOF and still be Ray. Once the testosterone and the ghost of his father dissipate, he'll be his old self again.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 02:29:03 pm »

Now if Ray were to eat the part of his face that he just tore off, he'd be a super-mega-jumbo hardass. I knew that I should have given Ray more credit than I did, seeing as he did once rip the rear axle off of a car.

Seriously people, is that not what I was saying? THE DUDE HAS ICKY MOVES and you all suck for doubting.
Also, second to last panel (10), I think he was using an actual cat's stretch/clawing motion as a guide for his drawing.
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 02:30:27 pm »

I just thought of something.

Where is Beef? So far, he's been planning and observing everything very carefully.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 02:37:39 pm »

Here's an eerie and remarkable detail that people seem to have missed:

The blood on Ray's face looks almost exactly like his father's soul patch.


ooo-eee-ooo
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2006, 02:39:33 pm »

I wouldn't be too surprised if Beef had planned this too, just to get Ray's killer instinct to manifest. After all, once you've tasted the face-blood of a honky tonk hooker, you can't go back.

Two favorite details of this strip:
1) Honky Tonk's semi-disembodied tongue
2) The fact that Honky Tonk has no visible mouth or jaw, just sort of a "where the head ends" thing, until it is ripped off.

RAY RIPPED OFF A DUDE'S FACE, PEOPLE. All else defies discussion. (Not that we shouldn't try, though.)
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2006, 02:52:04 pm »

stuffs I liked:

2nd panel with Honky-Tonk slowly approaching under the moon, all whistling and oozing confidence: Pure joy.

That just before tearing dude's face off, Ray lifts it up a bit by the cheeks, you know, just before yanking it off.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »

The DQ loading crane must be a painful ride if you have no face.

ObUnrelated Meme: no matter how old it is, it's new to wombat
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 03:04:48 pm »

oohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

The only downside is the lack of witnesses.  Yeah, honky-tonk guy will stumble back out to the middle of the Acres with his face all ripped off, and word will get around.  But it would have been nice if the troops could have beheld it first-hand.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 03:06:50 pm »

Who's to say they didn't - Ray's posse now numbers about 38; even if they weren't in-frame, at least one of them must've seen it.

If there's doubt, Ray can always give them Honky-Tonk's lower face back and they can try to match it up, Cinderella-like.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 03:33:58 pm »

My darling Q,
Please God that you find this note safely. When Uncle sent you to tend the chickens, he lured me into the parlor and forced me to lift my petticoats and show him my ankles. Barely escaping his evil clutches I have fled in disguise to a small town in Oxford, whose name I dare not commit to writing for fear of discovery.  When you find me, you will recognize me by the secret handshake. 
In haste,
W

Dearest Sister W,

It has been cold in the house since you left.  Poor demented Uncle Hermann has not as of yet shown hide nor hair of interest when I pointed out that the meagre nightshirt he has left me as covering will do naught to let the incisions on my backside properly heal.  Allow me a moment to reveal to you the current plight with Old Uncle.

Upon receiving your missive from Oxfordshire, I decided henceforth to follow unto your side posthaste.  The plan was, admittedly, rather foolish and fully on the side of err given that Uncle favors those Irish Wolfhounds that always gave you nightmares.  I wish I could gaze upon your face yet again, so that I may have the strength to free myself from the backroom he has seen fit to keep me in for a time.

I suspect I shall try yet again when I get the chance, until then I hope this letter finds you safe and happy.  I fear I may join Mother and Father in their freshened grave soon enough; think little of me as it will only cause you pain.

Yours,
Q
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 03:34:49 pm »

If you grow a mustache like that one, it's your own damn fault for getting your face ripped off.

Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 03:45:46 pm »

As Ray sprang through the air to tear Honky-Tonk's face off, I heard the bionic sound in my head.

That is all. 

That, and Ray is who I want to be when I grow up.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up