When this is the way the arc plays out, it will be PROOF that Onstad reads this board and steals ideas.
If anything, he comes here to make sure that he
doesn't steal any ideas from fans. He never goes for the obvious, and really strives to surprise us, just as he did with the last frame of yesterday's strip. No one saw
that coming! The entire strip -- not just the last frame -- was a work of sheer awesomeness, a tour de force, and I would have been sorely disappointed if one of us had publicly predicted it.
So far, no one here has correctly guessed what might happen next (except for some minor stuff that didn't really move the story forward -- i.e. Teodor reading the Gasps and Giggles blog). Besides, this is what we really want -- to be delighted each day with the unpredictable originality of the strip.
So, if you really have a great idea as to how you'd like to see the story go -- Don't post it here! Onstad will not be one-upped by us dorks. (we dorks?) Keep your idea to yourself, then later, if Onstad also comes up with the same idea, you can brag about how you knew all along that was going to happen. And we'll all go, yeah, sure you did.
I have a few ideas of my own as to where this story might lead, but I ain't tellin'.
I must admit that I'm worried that Chris O. has raised the Achewood bar so high with this story, and the last strip in particular, that he may have difficulty satisfying us in the future. We may need to see daily surprise face-rippings, or the surprise equivalent thereof, to keep us coming back. "Here comes a special boy" strips just may not cut it after this.
Exciting times, these.