Dearest Q,
Since Uncle has found our secret mailbox, I leave you this note in this strange place where many mysterious missives are posted for all to see. As he cannot read a full page without falling into a drunken stupor, I trust that he will not persist in perusing these pages until he discovers our communication.
Q, I hardly know where to begin to tell you of my recent revelations - After my narrow escape from the frightening game, the mustache'd man led me to a church where I sought shelter from the beasts of the night. I lay upon the cold stone, bereft of sleep for thinking of your continued suffering at the hands of our Uncle. As I drew your cloak close around me and breathed in your sweet scent, my gaze fell upon a volume. I stood, planning to examine the pages within, hoping to find distraction if not the impossible surcease from sorrow.
As I did so, I chanced to face a certain stained glass window and felt a strange familiarity. Out of the mists of time came a memory of our sainted mother. Q, she had taken us to this very church when we were young, and told us that this was where we had both been baptized.
My steps quickened at this thought and I reached for the dusty tome. It was, as I thought, the birth records of the parish. I turned the pages in haste, thinking of the comfort of seeing our dear parents' names written therein.
But Q, when I found our entries - I can hardly write the words - I found that we have been deceived. I trust that they had their reasons, that they would never have meant to cause us pain, but they lied. Q, we are not brother and sister.
No longer caring to conceal my presence in the church, in a frenzy I sought out the aged priest. He explained that our parents had adopted you when your mother, a young woman with no man to care for her, had died in childbirth.
I felt a strange joy at this revelation. Q, my darling, this changes everything, doesn't it? Please, we must find a means to release you from the foul clutches of Uncle. More than ever, I cannot wait until you are at my side.
Your devoted
W