Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue  (Read 11197 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 08:16:15 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 04:10:40 pm »

well, I meant...
more of the guitar side.
are rickenbacker basses all chimey and jangley, too?


PS: Motorhead! *rocks out awkwardly*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2006, 04:24:43 am »

In as much as a bass can be jangly/chimey, the Rick bass is! 

It has a neck-through design, as opposed to bolt-on, and that helps bring out the brighter, higher end of the bass instrument's register.  It also has a lot of sustain.

Think Chris Squire of Yes, he really brought out its distinctive trebly sound.  Geddy Lee of Rush also played one during his earlier years.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 24 February 2006 - Three-day Dutch fugue
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2006, 05:02:51 am »

Geddy Lee of Rush also played one during his earlier years.

Geddy Lee is why I wanted one.  Paul McCartney also played one frequently back in the 70's.  I think they make the most beautiful sound, those Rickenbacker basses.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up