Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!  (Read 13592 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 08:53:49 pm »

If you want to see the human equivilent of Vlad singing "You Light Up My Life" and if you enjoy melencholy + the humour of the pathetic, please go out and rent "Happiness" by Todd Solondz.  Seriously the character is named Vlad and has a mustache.  It is a movie worth watching:  humourous, yet makes you want to die at the same time.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 09:05:58 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 09:03:48 pm »

First post?  Um, hi then.

I didn't even notice the lock on that drawer.  Without a lock on the drawer, Cornelius is just being careful, keeping the trumpet out of plain sight.  But no!  Apparently the looming threat of a late night cock-playing is indeed so likely that it has to be put under lock and key to avoid having to drain more than spit from it the next day.
Logged
~

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 09:12:02 pm »

I didn't even notice the lock on that drawer.  Without a lock on the drawer, Cornelius is just being careful, keeping the trumpet out of plain sight.  But no!  Apparently the looming threat of a late night cock-playing is indeed so likely that it has to be put under lock and key to avoid having to drain more than spit from it the next day.

Man, I can't blame him.

My question, upon further consideration: where's Lie Bot? Shouldn't he really be around if Vlad is? Honestly, I miss that guy; he may have been a one-note character, but it's a great note.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 09:15:19 pm »

Man, I can't blame him.

My question, upon further consideration: where's Lie Bot? Shouldn't he really be around if Vlad is? Honestly, I miss that guy; he may have been a one-note character, but it's a great note.

Don't you remember? Lie Bot is in the GOF posing as Roast Beef and Ray. I think.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 09:19:41 pm »

Don't you remember? Lie Bot is in the GOF posing as Roast Beef and Ray. I think.

I believe you have elucidated the one thing that could make this arc better: if Beef walks into the blog reading, totally confused, and then on Day Three of the Fight we see "Beef" ripping off his face and challenging Ray to a duel, automaton-stylezz.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:26 pm »

Lie-bot was in the garage practicing the banjo at the time. But it's cool because he has built-in wireless access anyway. So he could practice and refresh the blog in his mind.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 09:45:48 pm »

Well, don't you feel like kicking ass for having discussed it? I know I do.

Me? Sister, *I'm* so pumped I could play the drums in Led Zeppelin with my cock right now.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »

As an American formerly from a Soviet Socialist Republic...

Which one? Just interested because I am currently taking Russian.
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 01:08:19 am »

Don't you remember? Lie Bot is in the GOF posing as Roast Beef and Ray. I think.

If Lie Bot were posing as Beef, that Cody Travis thing would have been all sorts of not true, and probably would not have seen the LED glow of Barry Best's reputable Gasps and Giggles.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see how the people who run the GOF would react to a ***** infilitrator. (the fight is cat's only, no?)

Lie Bot: the Deep Blue of ass kicking, handing (to), and serving (up cold). Oh yes, people.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 03:48:39 am »

I read in the Wikipedia article (it might've been changed by now; I'm lazy) that Vlad is from Poland. I have read the archives enough times to know there's no proof of that. What say you all?

Also, I ate this strip up like the delicious plate of fan service that it was. I read the last few panels right the first time, but as I was reading them, I, too, wanted them to be switched. But not really, because that'd be a bit odd.
I guess I was hoping the GOF would bring out the craziness even in Mr. Bear.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 04:01:44 am »

I read in the Wikipedia article (it might've been changed by now; I'm lazy) that Vlad is from Poland. I have read the archives enough times to know there's no proof of that. What say you all?

Personally, I would be disappointed if Vlad was ever confirmed to come from any particular Eastern Bloc country. For Teodor, it works -- Teodor is the kind of character who can support a backstory -- but for Vlad, it would be gratuitous. Let him be a broadly-accented product of some postwar Yugoid factory; it's better that way.
Logged

spex

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 04:32:05 am »

I read in the Wikipedia article (it might've been changed by now; I'm lazy) that Vlad is from Poland. I have read the archives enough times to know there's no proof of that. What say you all?

Can we just vote for a nationality for Vlad? Could we make him, like, Uzbekistani? Because those dudes are crazy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:08 am »

yugoid.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 06:03:25 am »

I prefer to think that Vlad was built in America to cater to the ethnically Slavic-American market. You know how there are people who are like 3/16ths Irish and have never gotten closer to Eire than a pint of Guinness but will buy anything with a shamrock on it? Vlad's model is designed to cater to a similar market of automaton-purchasing fourth-generation Slavic-Americans seeking to recapture their ethnicity even though he was built in Wisconsin.
Logged

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: 27 February 2006 - I'm so pumped I could play a trumpet with my cock!
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 06:25:25 am »

When I "got" the last three panels, I almost fell off my chair.  Priceless.  The bear does not want the tiger to play the trumpet with his cock.

The standing globe in the back of the penultimate panel also cracks me up.  It heightens the shift in tone between the first bit of the comic and the coda, by an amount that is, shall we say, delicious.
Logged
um
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up