Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?  (Read 7231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 09:14:57 pm »

Why randomize it?

02082002: A friend; a dead friend?
02112002: Color Mondays!
02122002: Silly-ass pizza installment!

Maybe get rid of the numbers, but then, that could be a poetic device!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 09:20:03 pm »

Acheomancy: (n) The occult art of foretelling the future through the reading and reinterpretation of random Achewood alt text.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 09:26:31 pm by Emergent_C »
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 09:20:13 pm »

Why randomize it?  The same reason we crush cars, make slim-jims, and blow up the moon.


BECAUSE WE CAN!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 09:26:44 pm »

Why randomize it?  The same reason we crush cars, make slim-jims, and blow up the moon.


BECAUSE WE CAN!

Why blow up the moon when you can carve your name and/or visage into it? Clearly you lack the vision to make you a truly great villain like Chairface Chippendale or Cobra Commander. Also, not enough Cs in your name.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 09:32:18 pm »

yes.
we shall tell the future by achewood alt-texts.
and it will be good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 09:46:13 pm »

Why blow up the moon when you can carve your name and/or visage into it? Clearly you lack the vision to make you a truly great villain like Chairface Chippendale or Cobra Commander. Also, not enough Cs in your name.

What are you some kind of smart monkey?

I'm talking about blowing up the fuck*ng moon here!  THE MOOON!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »

Wait, doesn't no moon = no tides = bad juju?

A supervillain wants to rule a planet with people on it, not a big ball of dirt. (and no tides)
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 09:52:46 pm »

Wait, doesn't no moon = no tides = bad juju?

A supervillain wants to rule a planet with people on it, not a big ball of dirt. (and no tides)

Man.. we TALKED about this.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 06:58:16 pm »

O boy that list is basically like treasure. I guess I'm gonna print it and read it on the bus.

Some of the strip titles as they appear on the Archive page are pretty funny be themselves. Like No porno! Wait. Some porno. I guess they're absent from the books too?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 07:04:19 pm »

O boy that list is basically like treasure. I guess I'm gonna print it and read it on the bus.

Some of the strip titles as they appear on the Archive page are pretty funny be themselves. Like No porno! Wait. Some porno. I guess they're absent from the books too?

Yeah, if I were really OCD, I'd make a list that combines them.

So, I'll probably have it done a little later.

Then I'll OCR all the dialogue in.

Then I'll stay at home and weep softly while life passes me by.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 07:19:44 pm »

Yeah, if I were really OCD, I'd make a list that combines them.

So, I'll probably have it done a little later.

Then I'll OCR all the dialogue in.

Then I'll stay at home and weep softly while life passes me by.

Are you down with OPP too?

sorry that was hell of lame
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 07:40:42 pm »

This is just to say thank you to acoxcae and everyone who encouraged the writing of this script, because the existence of a comprehensive alt text list totally justifies the existence of this board.  You guys are awesome.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 08:39:32 pm »

Yeah, if I were really OCD, I'd make a list that combines them.

So, I'll probably have it done a little later.

Then I'll OCR all the dialogue in.

Then I'll stay at home and weep softly while life passes me by.

WE NEED TO FEED THE ALT TEXTS TO PANTSROBOT!

Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 09:14:28 pm »

This is just to say thank you to acoxcae and everyone who encouraged the writing of this script, because the existence of a comprehensive alt text list totally justifies the existence of this board.  You guys are awesome.

This board took 2 1/2 years to justify itself? Hopefully the profits are rolling in for Jough starting now.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Has anyone created a dated alt text list?
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 04:46:18 am »

Alex, where were you when we were talking about the tagging achewood project?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up