Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: VW commercial  (Read 8484 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:21 am »

They switched to the same ad agency that made the creepy "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" Burger King guy. The Slate guy was complaining about it yesterday and I tend to agree. I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish

One of the last things they did with their former agency (Arnold) was a series of 120 short films for the new Passat, one film for each of the car's features. The studio I work for did about 20 of them, so if you allow me to pimp our stuff while we're on the subject, here's the minisite.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 04:42:34 am »

The Slate guy

He's great, isn't he?  He even replied to a drunk email.

Yes, I drunk email occasionally, even marketing critics.  I also drunk dial.  I'm better now than I used to be, because friends have intervened.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 05:05:21 am »

He's great, isn't he?  He even replied to a drunk email.

Yes, I drunk email occasionally, even marketing critics.  I also drunk dial.  I'm better now than I used to be, because friends have intervened.

Don't apologize, at least not to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 10:14:44 pm »

I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish

I will always love that series of commericals.  While some songs might not have been the best music out there, they were absolutely perfectly meshed with the visuals.

Also, that's when I learned the true power of downloadable music - I didn't have to buy a CD by Trio.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 11:00:39 pm »

I will always love that series of commericals.  While some songs might not have been the best music out there, they were absolutely perfectly meshed with the visuals.

Also, that's when I learned the true power of downloadable music - I didn't have to buy a CD by Trio.

There's an Elastica version of Da Da Da that's in in english and I have to say that understanding the lyrics doesn't add much.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 11:20:23 pm »

That's funny - Trio's "Da Da Da" was one of the first songs I ever downloaded in mp3.

Also, when I started listening to mp3s Elastica's version had not been recorded yet.  And I bought "The Menace" on CD but ripped it to Minidisc to listen to while on the train.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 05:09:52 pm »

I really like Volkswagen's old print ads personally. You guys have to see these. They're are funny because VW is so honest! No bullshit about it, they make fun of themselves for being ugly and slow, but know that reliable and cheap sells (sold). 

An example: The main line to a Karmann Ghia ad, "It looks beautiful because Volkswagen doesn't build it."

Link
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 09:52:30 pm »

But no one does cute like VW.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 02:27:27 am »

Aww, a wombat and her pug.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 03:16:05 pm »

Aww, a wombat and her pug.

What he said...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 03:21:34 pm »

That's a nice picture, right there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 03:25:29 pm »

Why thank you. But see, it is the Bug that gives it the "Awww" factor.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 03:26:18 pm »

Why thank you. But see, it is the Bug that gives it the "Awww" factor.

Begging your pardon, Miss, but I don't think so.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 08:23:14 pm »

Pug, receiving hug, in Bug. A+
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 08:29:20 pm »

I am a huge fan of the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" ads. If I could get my hands on that mask, there would be SO MUCH PRANKING to be done. My girlfriend would dump me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up