Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My meteoric rise to the middle...  (Read 4250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
My meteoric rise to the middle...
« on: March 10, 2006, 05:46:16 am »

Sorry for my recent absence from the world of TOUAMB, I have been much consumed by my life.

Since my play is about to launch next month, and pictures of me looking horrible have already begun popping up in mass emailings by the theatre, I thought I would cut things off at the pass by finally posting an actual picture of myself where I don't look like I'm half dead or a grinning idiot.  Check out the link to my blog - I had my first professional photo shoot, thankfully with a good friend, and this picture is one of the results.  There I am looking sort of like a shit disturber.  It's about the only picture of me out there that I actually like.  There it is.  My face.  If you must ejaculate or vomit, please aim to the left.

Anyway, I won't be around much until mid-April, but I've been asked by the theatre to post to my blog on an on and off basis about my experiences developing the play, which the audiences will be invited to read.  If you want to track my meteoric rise to the middle, the play's title is "A Very Polite Genocide or The Girl Who Fell to Earth" and my blog is the place to be for smarmy self-promoting updates.

Cheers!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 05:50:40 am »

And to think all this time you've been hiding behind the fascade of a well-dressed feline.

P.S. I forgot to turn to the left, first.  Please send me the dry-cleaning bill.  Do not save the stained outfit like that presidential secretary did.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 05:58:11 am by jough »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:52:06 am »

I must ejaculate. Left, you say? I can do that. I can come in all directions.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:54:33 pm »

...I can come in all directions.

It is both a talent and a curse.

Thanks for tying a name to a face - excellent photos.  Good luck with the play, I'm sure it'll be wonderful.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 01:56:30 pm »

I must ejaculate. Left, you say? I can do that. I can come in all directions.

So Nabu was secretly Peter North all along!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 02:31:53 pm »

Melanie, you're as beautiful as I always imagined you to be.  Where's the :) with hearts coming out of it?

Good luck with the play, break a leg.  I couldn't find anything on Google, can you give us more information?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 03:22:42 pm »

Smells photo has so much sass that it came out of my monitor and smacked me around a little bit, but in all honesty I kind of liked it.


Congrats and good luck!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 04:54:23 pm »

I think I'm missing something. Mainly a picture? Did you take the link away?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 04:58:22 pm »

Check out the link to my blog - I had my first professional photo shoot, thankfully with a good friend, and this picture is one of the results.

You actually have to work, Hobo.  Go to her profile to find the link to her blog.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 05:00:34 pm »

You actually have to work, Hobo.  Go to her profile to find the link to her blog.

See also: clicking the little globe icon beneath her avatar.



Lovely photos, side_show.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 05:45:24 pm »

See also: clicking the little globe icon beneath her avatar.

I suck at the internet.  I don't know what those little icons are for.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 07:34:43 pm »

I suck at the internet.  I don't know what those little icons are for.

The funny thing is, you have one of those little globes, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 07:39:23 pm »

I swear to god I did not put that there.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 08:37:36 pm »

My favorite quote from sideshow's blog:

Quote
Well, I've come to find that having a blog is a lot like having Sea Monkeys - all exciting at first, then easy to ignore later.

From now on I will remind myself in many other areas of life that it gets boring to keep feeding the sea monkeys but you have to hang in there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: My meteoric rise to the middle...
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 08:41:39 pm »

I swear to god I did not put that there.

Some guy named MilesMoon did. You should kick his ass.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up