Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend  (Read 15913 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 06:48:40 pm »

Ray won't be able to do it when the time comes, he'll just lay down and let Beef win. Why else would Onstad be putting this much foreshadowing on it?
Logged

drew

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 23
  • Lost. So lost.
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 06:54:39 pm »

The more I think about it, I wonder if we might see a moment of self-sacrifice from Ray. Perhaps he will be so touched by Beef's proposition that he'll take the fall. Maybe that will make up for the "Beef wants to kiss girls on their TITTIES!!" remark from old times.
Logged
giggle, giggle, splat

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 06:55:00 pm »

Misterqueue has a good grasp on it.

Beef won't win the fight.  He doesn't want to win the fight.  He's not a fighter, he's a FAN of the fight.  Having an invisible hand in the outcome is more fitting to the superfan mentality than owning it outright.  Beef's got too much of a sense of history and respect to use his awesome knowledge of the fight for some piddling personal gain.

The only real question to me at this point is, will the fight kill Beef? (...again)

So here's the prediction:

I would like to see Ray turn to Beef, both bow silently, and both kick the living crap out of eachother for 5 solid hours.  After a valiant effort, the man named Cassandra passes out with the words "..always wanted to fight..the fight." or some such.  Cut to a bandaged Ray hosting a party with bandaged Beef in attendance.  At the back of the party, a trophy case in which the GOF prize sits alongside a photo that reads: "I proved myself a coward who would desert a dying man."

Damn.  This is basically like fanfiction.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 06:57:49 pm »

But the alt-text says we'll catch up with the English dudes later. I assume Beef meant "the last dude [who is not in our camp] standing is Rudy Cava."

Also: I just suddenly flashed back to one of the bonus strips where the punchline is Beef saying "half an ounce of Fuck You, Ray" or something to that effect. Underlying hostility is awesome.

I actually just glanced over this book as I was packing yesterday, and I believe it's 6 ounces.

Also, if Pedro's prediction came true, it would be a nice callout to the classic epic fight in They Live, much as Ray's using Rudy's circumstances is sort of a nice callout to Paul Newman's needling in Slapshot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 07:53:00 pm »

Damn.  This is basically like fanfiction.

"Basically like?" I believe you mean "is unabashedly," Pedro.

I'll confess: what I'm really hoping for is an ending I don't expect at all. Have Ray and Beef double-DQ themselves, or have them force the GOF organizers to split the trophy. Have Leander show up and open a can of limitless, Black-Flag-y rage on his former commanding officers. Hell, give us the Latin Health Crisis with a last-minute TKO!

In reality, I know one of the Dirtiest Dudes will win, but I want to be surprised. If Ray just does it through luck, eh.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 08:34:54 pm »

I just keep seeing this scene where Beef starts pushing Ray towards the Act, like "Do it Ray" (front shot of Beef's face) "Do it Ray !" (camera gets closer to his face, his eyebrows in angry mode) "DO IT ! ! !", until Ray snaps (he's usually susceptible to this "dont-think-just-ACT" type of pressure) and cold cracks Beef's skull with a blow.

But I am at a loss, really. Beef betraying Ray seems so alien to him, he's basically very *decent*...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

behka

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »

Beef Will Win.

in my humble  opinion.   

Logged
To you, I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the loyal opposition. - Woody Allen, Stardust Memories

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2006, 09:05:02 pm »

I think we all win, really.

WE ARE WINNERS
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:25 pm »

I think we all win, really.

WE ARE WINNERS

<MisterQueue> ******#####: Lister
<******#####> Lister dropped the hump on the twice baked potato and vomited on my shoes a real winner!


good gravy, I'm actually writing faux chat here.  HELP ME.

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2006, 10:01:29 pm »

Beef Will Win.

in my humble  opinion.   

Care to, uh, make it interesting?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2006, 10:24:55 pm »

Care to, uh, make it interesting?


Run, Behka, Run...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2006, 10:57:13 pm »

POSSIBLE STUNNING GOF ENDGAME PLOT TWISTS:

1) Todd wins it. He was hiding under a beer can the entire time, biding his time until only one remained.

2) The entire thing is a hoax. Roast Beef felt sorry that Ray was humiliated by Cartilage Head, so he constructed a way for him to regain his manhood. He formed a partnership with Todd and had him ask Ray for seeder for a business, which they split; Todd using his for smack n' hos, and Beef to hire a vast armada of goons and a tract of land in Bakersfield. He talked everyone else into following along and constructed a crude history of the Fight based on the radio show "Great Outdoor Fight", which was a fan of in his childhood. He knew Ray would go along with it unwittingly, especially when he constructed a false website and fraudulent eBay items. He then talked Ray's mother into going along with it, and the plan was set in motion. The arc will end with So-Rod winning the GOF so handily that they decide never to hold it again (conveniently). Ray never discovers the truth.

3) It was Liebot. Somehow.
Logged
What deviltry is this?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2006, 11:48:59 pm »

I just got off a graveyard shift so sorry if someone mentioned this and I didn't notice, but it is all so obvious now: Ray is going to take a fall for Beef.

Beef would never betray Ray; he is too much his dogg, but at the crucial moment Ray might just see how empty the win is, taking down Beef is too easy, he might just see how much winning the fight would mean to Beef. How much more hardcore can you get than coming out of nowhere and taking down SoRod?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2006, 12:14:28 am »

And they fought over the GOF, and there was a great schism.

I think Beef will win.

Or... i thought that.
now I imagine Beef having to force ray to beat him down. Spinn is right. this is how it will go.

OR:
BIG AMERICAN PARTY
everyone is dancing!
Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving! How can this be?!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2006 - The dude so raw he beat down his oldest friend
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2006, 12:17:48 am »

I just got off a graveyard shift so sorry if someone mentioned this and I didn't notice, but it is all so obvious now: Ray is going to take a fall for Beef.

Beef would never betray Ray; he is too much his dogg, but at the crucial moment Ray might just see how empty the win is, taking down Beef is too easy, he might just see how much winning the fight would mean to Beef. How much more hardcore can you get than coming out of nowhere and taking down SoRod?


Perhaps something akin to Rodney Stubbs proposing to his wife immediately after winning, SoRod will make the groundbreaking new rule that you CAN share victory.

And then the two will be chased by an angry, traditionalist mob, barely escaping back to Achewood and obscurity.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up