Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Poll

Which is your favorite dynamic duo?

Weebl & Bob
Sifl & Olly
Ren & Stimpy
Pinky & The Brain
I.R. Baboon & I.M. Weasel
Abbott & Costello
Lenny & Squiggy
Martin & Lewis
Lennon & McCartney
Chris Farley & David Spade
Laurel & Hardy
Dolly Parton & Porter Wagner
You & Me
Jake & Elwood Blues
Ray & Roast Beef
dang man why you gotta waste my time with this crap
Tom & Jerry
Itchy & Scratchy
Sampson & Delilah
Elvis & Pricilla
Sam & Dave
Bevis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph
Adam West & Burt Ward
Jay & Silent Bob
Caramon & Raistlin
Felix & Oscar
Kate & Allie
Rincewind & The Luggage
Lenny & Carl
The Old Man & The Sea
Jesus & Mary Chain
Becker & Fagan
Becks & Posh
Ted Crilly & Dougal MacGuire
Pete Doherty & Carl Barat
Nobby & Colon
Asterix & Obelix
Lenny & Squiggy
Bauchelain & Korbal Broach
Scratch & Sniff
Lois & Billy Ray
Assault & Battery
Sex & Violence
Worker & Parasite
Batman & Robin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?  (Read 13027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2006, 04:25:09 am »

Sorry, then. It was probably on BBC1, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2006, 02:38:37 pm »

Eh, you bloody yanks, trigger happy bastards, all you want is oil you fat wankers etc. etc. In my own defence, I'm not this guy.


Quote from link : "...the music they’re listening to is a gigantic, majestic blimp full of poop"

I don't know if I will stop giggling all day.

also, I was the vote for Farley and Spade. I think my entire sense of humor formed into a crazy amalgam of the two, a bunch of sarcasm, a bunch of silliness, and a little pinch of sassy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2006, 03:26:34 pm »

also, I was the vote for Farley and Spade. I think my entire sense of humor formed into a crazy amalgam of the two, a bunch of sarcasm, a bunch of silliness, and a little pinch of sassy.

I assume that the word "sassy" was said in a Phil Hartman voice.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 02:40:32 am »

I didn't mean to say that it hadn't been on MTV.   In the 70's, before MTV existed, Python was on PBS.  That's all I was trying to convey.

In Houston, they showed Monty Python on NBC after SNL.  Actually it came on after the 'That Little Old Show that Comes on After Saturday Night Live'.  Later it was on PBS.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 02:58:48 am »

'That Little Old Show that Comes on After Saturday Night Live'.
~Paul

Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" was a sort of primitive video show.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 05:29:22 am »

Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" was a sort of primitive video show.

We had that too.

Incidentally, Paul Schaeffer's imitation of Don Kirshner was dead on.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 02:32:53 pm »

Elaborate? Was that a local thing?

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" was a sort of primitive video show.

Yes, it was a local show.  15 minutes of a local band, hosted by the cooler than cool dj Crash.  In retrospect it was pretty lame, but I was 14 so I must be forgiven for loving it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006, 02:34:58 pm »

In Cleveland, I remember on the weekends at 1 am there used to be this show called "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" was a sort of primitive video show.

Yeah we had that here, it came on Saturday afternoon though.  They had some really great acts on there.  F'n Led Zeppelin man...

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2006, 05:45:06 pm »

Don't forget the Midnight Special.  That was the Friday night rock show, featuring the dulcet tones of Wolfman Jack.  They had one episode around 1978 with AC/DC, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Thin Lizzy and host Ted Nugent.  Nifty.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2006, 05:49:42 pm »

Don't forget the Midnight Special.  That was the Friday night rock show, featuring the dulcet tones of Wolfman Jack.  They had one episode around 1978 with AC/DC, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Thin Lizzy and host Ted Nugent.  Nifty.

See, I would gladly pay money for that. Unfortunately this is all I can find (although it would still be pretty cool).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2006, 06:02:59 pm »

Oh hell yeah, the Midnight special ruled.  It wasn't just rock and roll, they had disco and soul bands and all kinds of schlock.  Dolly Parton singing Jolene stands out in my mind.  It was wonderful and the Wolfman was so much cooler than anybody else on the planet.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2006, 08:23:09 pm »

Chris Farley & David Spade: 1, John Lennon & Paul McCartney: 0. Seriously, FUCK those guys.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2006, 09:09:49 pm »

Chris Farley & David Spade: 1, John Lennon & Paul McCartney: 0. Seriously, FUCK those guys.

Well, shit, look who didn't even make the list:

Elvis & Priscilla
Sam & Dave
Beavis & Butthead
Peyton & Marvin
Potsy & Ralph

And, given the thread title, Adam West & Burt Ward (or at least Batman and Robin).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2006, 09:17:54 pm »

Jay and Silent Bob
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Which is your favorite dynamic duo?
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:05 pm »

Felix & Oscar, Kate & Allie, Rincewind & The Luggage, Caramon & Raistlin, Lenny & Carl
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up