Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have become Pat.  (Read 4116 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

psilogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉEEEEEE
    • View Profile
    • important information
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 08:04:38 am »

You ain't spent much time in an office.
This is true.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 03:36:08 pm »

Actually my office is a place of great, great excitement.  Children having melt downs, spur of the moment theatrical performances, the sudden apearance of live-sized shark puppets and the like.  This is why the drinks get abandoned on my desk - staff come in and are hooked into activites so exciting that they totally forget about beverages they have just set down and charge off to do said exciting things.

Also, in my final day at the office before my big trip, yesterdays Spring Cleaning Smack Down was just awful.  It took my full time there, with two other staff memebers helping, to get the job less than half done.  But now I'm gone for two weeks - will I return to new messes, or will someone else lead the charge to get the rest done?  Who knows?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 03:47:56 pm »

the sudden apearance of live-sized shark puppets

Let's not mislead the younguns, though.  Unfortunately this is not a feature of most offices.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 02:06:40 am »

Children having melt downs, spur of the moment theatrical performances, the sudden apearance of live-sized shark puppets and the like.

Theater people. They irk me. Except for you, that is.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 06:44:28 pm »

Yeah, they irk me too, they're just so show-y, I want to tell most of them to shut the fuck up most of the time.  But that's most people really.

Today I am sporting my favorite T-Shirt, which reads "shoot artists" with a picture of a gun on it.  Most people just assume it's a t-shirt for some obscure band they've never heard of, but no, actually, it is just a simple statement.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 02:00:21 am »

Shoot the artists, shoot them for art.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I have become Pat.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »

On the topic of becoming Pat... I have just transcended from merely a prescriptive grammar person, to this:

Quote
I find it hilariously ironic that Ms. Goodwin's article bemoans the "complexification" of modern life. What happened to good old "Complication?" Wikipedia, while useful, is not the best resource, being entirely contributed by anonymous users. However, I whole-heartedly agree with her general sentiment.

-Daniel R. Burton

I did manage to avoid bringing up that they both come from the same Latin root (although the new word has an additional one needlessly tacked on.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up