Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY  (Read 8863 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 03:20:54 am »

To play dentist's advocate, I presume that the implied rider there was "... and if they can't stay adequately cleaned, you're risking serious tooth decay and things worse than just having them out now."

That would make sense, wouldn't it?  But I'm quite serious about keeping them clean, having been told that wisdom teeth are sometimes neglected.  And on my last dental visit, the hygeniest said, "Wow, you're doing a good job taking care of those wisdom teeth."

The hell you yank my teeth.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 03:48:37 am »

Uh Paul, when it's time for you to get a colonoscopy, please post a warning in the thread. 

Or better yet, just link to the photos.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 05:17:58 pm »

Or better yet, just link to the photos.

Because, as already established, there are some sick fucks around here.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 05:28:10 pm »

*waggles brows*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 06:02:13 pm »

*draws blinds, locks door, makes sure phone number is unlisted*
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 10:02:12 pm »

Q, did you just waggle your eyebrow at Paul's colonoscopy pics?  ???
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 10:18:42 pm »

Q, did you just waggle your eyebrow at Paul's colonoscopy pics?  ???

Actually it was at LepreKHAAAAN!   "Whenever the name of sick fuckery is called out;  there shall I be."  (Book of Queue Chapter 13 Verse 42)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 10:24:05 pm »

Q, did you just waggle your eyebrow at Paul's colonoscopy pics?  ???

I'm filing that thought in my "To Actively Repress" folder.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 03:01:18 am »

How full is that particular folder these days?

With Q around, you just might need two folders.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 03:18:27 am »

I'm filing that thought in my "To Actively Repress" folder.

Would it ease your mind to know that i've never had a colonoscopy, and if I did I wouldn't post the pictures here.

Here's something you might find even more disturbing.  I know my Mother sure did.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 03:22:57 am »

How full is that particular folder these days?

With Q around, you just might need two folders.

Oh, it's mighty full.  In fact, I should have explained that there is an entire dusty room full of floor-to-ceiling filing cabinets containing just such folders in my mind.  I was referring to the most recent folder in this series, to be sure.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 03:23:54 am »

Oh, it's mighty full.  In fact, I should have explained that there is an entire dusty room full of floor-to-ceiling filing cabinets containing just such folders in my mind.  I was referring to the most recent folder in this series, to be sure.

Do I have to tell the bursting skin rash story again?


I'll do it.  I swear.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 05:22:53 pm »

I had three of my wisdom teeth removed ten months ago.  One, my lower left, was growing perpendicular to the rest of my teeth and actually causing bone in my jaw to erode.  That sumbitch got cut up real good before it could be extracted.  The top ones were a breeze.  I did not keep them.

I was 28 when I had the surgery, so I was expecting hell of complications due to a mature mouth.  Full knockout, plus what was listed on my bill as "supplementary dosage" of whatever they used.  Could you imagine how lousy it would've been to wake up when they were only 85% finished?  Turns out the surgeon who worked on me is also one of the team doctors for the local professional hockey club, so he was probably used to working on guys my age with busted grills.

I remember everything from the second I woke up in the recovery room to the second I put my head down on the couch to sleep off the drugs.  I even walked up a flight of stairs.  Good times.  My jaw hurt like no other for two weeks and I lost ten pounds because my normal diet was replaced by yogurt and nutritional shakes (sip them from a cup rather than sucking them through a straw, which could dislodge the clots).  I was prescribed Oxycontin's generic stepbrother, of which I took two pills and then switched to Aleve. 

Surgery done on a Friday morning, back at work on Tuesday.  Five months later, it was all paid for.  The bills were the part that hurt the most.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 08:05:30 pm »

Turns out the surgeon who worked on me is also one of the team doctors for the local professional hockey club, so he was probably used to working on guys my age with busted grills.


Where do you live, please?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: MAN I HATE DAYS LIKE TODAY
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »

Would it ease your mind to know that i've never had a colonoscopy, and if I did I wouldn't post the pictures here.

Here's something you might find even more disturbing.  I know my Mother sure did.

~Paul

Your mother finds it disturbing, probably because you are a single mis-step away from certain death.  I find it disturbing, because I imagine you just leading that young man so far off the path to a good a proper life that he wont even remember anything healthy and pure to do with a communion wafer.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up