Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!  (Read 10489 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 11:16:17 pm »

Ray was hoping for a tender moment with his father, and all he got was "I'll see one of you later." Brilliant.

I'm going on the record right now saying there won't be a Tuesday strip, though.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 11:32:47 pm »

Ray was hoping for a tender moment with his father, and all he got was "I'll see one of you later." Brilliant.

I'm going on the record right now saying there won't be a Tuesday strip, though.

it is sad how predictable this is

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:43 pm »

I fully expect a "We return Wednesday!", followed possibly by another server-bombing.

BRING ON THE STRIPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 11:36:47 pm »

I fully expect a "We return Wednesday!", followed possibly by another server-bombing.

BRING ON THE STRIPS, GOD DAMN YOU!

I haven't had a server bomb since I was a kid.  Do they still come tri-colored and with a vague sugary berry flavor?


What?  Why is everyone looking at me like that?


What if we don't return until Thursday, what then?  Choco Tacos?  I DO NOT KNOW!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 12:22:55 am »

Chochacho Tacos.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 01:13:51 am »

oh my god
my family is going to the beach for spring break
and all I can think of is "how will I read achewood?"

AHHHHHHH
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 03:31:02 am »

oh my god
my family is going to the beach for spring break
and all I can think of is "how will I read achewood?"

AHHHHHHH

I regret to say that last week, when I was in Europe, checking Achewood was a major driver in me deciding to pay 60 euros for a week of wireless access.  This is my secret shame, made public by my own decree.

And thanks to Onstad's server catching fire and weird posting time, I still didn't get to read the strip before 3 pages of comments had already been made.  What a useless trip.  I mean, aside from Europe being awesome and all.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 03:33:01 am »

At this point I really don't think Beef is secretly in control.

He can act a character... his tough / sly / manipulative wheels-within-wheel GOF persona has been flawless. However the latest developments have him reacting as himself and himself only... I don't think he's faking his terror of the Jeeps.

Now I'm not ruling out the chance for a Beef win, but it isn't because he's the hand on the chess piece right now.  I'd make other predictions, but we must remember here, we aren't prediction *logic* or *events* we are attempting to gaze into the future of the Mind Of Onstad, a future he himself is probably (so he has clamed in interviews) unaware.

I *AM* kind of hoping for the surprise return of Nightlife... but then, I hope for that with every arc.  I'd also like to see Beef beat the living veganase out of Pat... maybe not now, you know, just... sometime...

In closing, a belated "Great Scott! But this kicks!" for today's strips.  Here's hoping we won't be waiting until Wednesday.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 03:43:12 am »

I regret to say that last week, when I was in Europe, checking Achewood was a major driver in me deciding to pay 60 euros for a week of wireless access.  This is my secret shame, made public by my own decree.

And thanks to Onstad's server catching fire and weird posting time, I still didn't get to read the strip before 3 pages of comments had already been made.  What a useless trip.  I mean, aside from Europe being awesome and all.
\

Yeah yeah, 60 euros, server fire, awesome Europe... Yada yada yada.   Ok, I want to know what you've done with Sunny?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 03:45:31 am »

\

Yeah yeah, 60 euros, server fire, awesome Europe... Yada yada yada.   Ok, I want to know what you've done with Sunny?

~Paul

Shes...safe.

Actually, she's sitting right next to me, doing homework.  Which is what she's been doing a lot of lately.  She says "She will return very soon.  Tomorrow."  She said it kind of ominously, if you ask me, but take it for what it's worth.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 03:46:47 am »

Ray will all leap through a windshield and plant his feet in the driver's chest like Norris in Good Guys Wear Black

Or there will be five little posts out there on the corner.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 03:53:02 am »

Shit, this whole arc has just been an excuse for Onstad to draw another kind of car.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 04:01:01 am »

I guess Beef will have to get shot again  :(
Logged

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 04:51:57 am »

Remember, Ray took apart a Honda Civic with his bare hands. I am sure he can straddle between the rollbars of two jeeps and whip the drivers on, Ben-Hur style.

man now I only regret setting my expectations so low
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 20, 2006 - BRING ON THE JEEPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 08:47:55 am »

Shit, this whole arc has just been an excuse for Onstad to draw another kind of car.

I very much fear you are right, sir. If you are, I will weep bitter tears.

And then go here and post "hey! That's a pretty good Jeep! I wonder if it comes in Aztec Gold?"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up