Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie  (Read 15086 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 12:12:05 pm »

1987?
The fuck?
So what, you're like 13 or something?

I am nineteen.  Not that that is very old or anything, but not quite thirteen either.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 12:16:12 pm »

Beef's eyebrows are great in this strip. I'm trying to decipher what is on that Jeep's front. Jeep's doing friggin' WHEELIES! Of course that had to happen! And Ray takes them out. He will not betray his longest dogg.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 12:22:23 pm »

In all fairness those are some pretty "Boss" Jeeps.  I'm a little concerned that some shoddy liquor took one out so easily.  Maybe it was covered in gasoline already?  I DO NOT KNOW.  I am sorry about this.

Apology accepted.... this time.

It is common knowledge that the jeeps at The Field are thoroughly doused in petrol laced with PCP before being loosed, in order to assure an uninhibited,  homicidally intoxicated driver. 
This was in direct response to the infamous Stand Down of '61, when the jeeps refused to mow down the teenaged duo of Moe "fingers" Maguire and Babyface Jose Gutierrez.  According to legend the two did not have mercy on their would-be killers, and the resulting loss of staff nearly bankrupted the Fight in insurance premium hikes.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 12:30:03 pm »

Then I remember that by virtue of being born in 1987 I was spared the horror of truly witnessing the eighties and early ninteties.  Not even Mr T destroying fools on a weekly basis would be worth that....

On the other hand, I find it a little sad that you don't remember the time before radio went completely to crap.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 12:58:05 pm »

See I told you.  I knew there wouldn't be any more hitting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »

Man, and to think I was worried Ray wouldn't be worthy. Rodney threw a beer bottle through a man's head. Son of Rodney threw a brandy bottle through a Jeep! I wouldn't want to be in the second one Ray goes after.
Logged

theauthors

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 02:24:04 pm »

guys, guys

this (the comic) is real absurd; it's kind of missing the point to be speculating about whether Christian Brothers makes a good molotov

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Logged
"I thought about the Big Bang and thought whether it was really a big bang, or did it just sound louder since there was no other noise to drown it out?"

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 02:31:40 pm »

It is common knowledge that the jeeps at The Field are thoroughly doused in petrol laced with PCP before being loosed, in order to assure an uninhibited,  homicidally intoxicated driver. 
This was in direct response to the infamous Stand Down of '61, when the jeeps refused to mow down the teenaged duo of Moe "fingers" Maguire and Babyface Jose Gutierrez.  According to legend the two did not have mercy on their would-be killers, and the resulting loss of staff nearly bankrupted the Fight in insurance premium hikes.

Hmmm.   Note to Moderator:  Could we keep the Achewood Fan Fiction segregated to another area please?

Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 02:32:07 pm »

Dang, Onstad sure does like to draw him some cars.  I can vouch for the fact the Christian Brothers does come in a glass bottle, though.    Years of exposure to dozens of alcoholic Wisconsinite relatives gives me an intimate knowledge of off-brand brandys. 

I just can't wait for Beef to get in on the action.  Sure, he seems shocked now, but once he realizes that they actually have a chance, I see him contributing, and it will be bad ass.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 02:33:52 pm »

Holy crap, of what is that skull made? It is hell of flammable. Brandy alone won't sustain that kind of deathsplosion, especially after two knuckleheads been drinking it down.

Clearly it is filled with black powder.

From the thinking too deeply about it department, I was sure that Christian Brothers brandy would come in a plastic bottle, and thus would make a poor Molotov Cocktail.  The cat in the thong has proven otherwise.  What is he using for a fuse, anyway?

Ray always keeps an extra thong handy.

Then I remember that by virtue of being born in 1987 I was spared the horror of truly witnessing the eighties and early ninteties.  Not even Mr T destroying fools on a weekly basis would be worth that....

Word up, 1987!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

rpwalk

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 02:41:57 pm »

The things that make you register for an account...

The square headlight Jeeps were manufactured from 1987 to 1995.  So, no, they are not from 1962.

"Fact-checking a message board about cartoon cats since 2006."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 02:43:38 pm »

Dammit... AW was right!

I hate it when that happens.


In all fairness those are some pretty "Boss" Jeeps.  I'm a little concerned that some shoddy liquor took one out so easily.  Maybe it was covered in gasoline already?  I DO NOT KNOW.  I am sorry about this.

I was going to say that it doesn't look like the shoddy liquor took it out so much as the driver is panicking and about to crash on his own but damn that flame gets big on its own. Mainly I was too sick to read the board yesterday and just need to say something because I was going through withdraw.

Also, the cloth is the one Ray has been using to wipe other dudes' blood off his hands and face. It's probably a piece of a shirt from one of those jackasses in the comical hats from Day 2.
Logged

vagittarius

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 02:44:08 pm »

The jeeps look almost like 3D models traced in Illustrator, or perhaps photographs. Or Chris Onstad is a gifted technical artist.

Either way I sort of wish there existed resources on the GOF grounds to allow Ray to handcuff the driver of one of those Jeeps to his smoldering ready-to-blow vehicle, offering him the chance to saw off his hand before walking away. Oh and then escaping the grounds in a tiny helicopter wrested from the hands of a crazy person.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 03:01:59 pm »

man.
you being born in 1987 pisses me off. I am one year younger than you, hombre.

most or all of the things I was going to say have been said. So.

bye for now! I will be back by... saturday!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 03:02:27 pm »

The things that make you register for an account...

The square headlight Jeeps were manufactured from 1987 to 1995.  So, no, they are not from 1962.

"Fact-checking a message board about cartoon cats since 2006."

Education.

Thank you, rpwalk, for not fuck*ng up your first post.  You. Are. Rad.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up