Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie  (Read 15050 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 09:29:03 pm »

It is a '55 Bel-Aire, although I had to square-off the back a little to make the perspective look right.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 09:55:51 pm »

The big project for school is over and I'm back from Paris and I have returned! Mwahaha! I mean..:)

Can I just say how much I love the Inline Edit button when it comes to reading tiny tiny fonts? No more copying and pasting or hitting quote like a savage
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18:00 pm »

Can I just say how much I hate tiny fonts that can't be read without special effort?  It is not funny anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 10:20:36 pm »

Can I just say how much I hate tiny fonts that can't be read without special effort?  It is not funny anymore.

Great, now you're going to get a bunch of responses from brats like this.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:33:59 am by jough »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 10:21:34 pm »

Can I just say how much I hate tiny fonts that can't be read without special effort?  It is not funny anymore.

Thanks for standing up for us geriatrics.  I hate this too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 10:24:15 pm »

I will admit to using small fonts on occasion, but always with a narrative implied.  Since it's hard to convey emotion or intonation through typing, and I think emoticons are the cheap way out, I'll use font sizes, typefaces, or text effects to convey that.

Still, I never go below 6pt.  I have some respect for the internet.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 10:25:35 pm »

Thanks for standing up for us geriatrics.  I hate this too.

Likewise.  Making it small enough that you can still read it unaided can be amusing, but beyond that is just annoying.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 10:26:00 pm »

I apologize. It was only because what was in the tiny font was of so little importance. Kind of like this.

Oh bother.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:55 pm »

Great, now you're going to get a bunch of responses from brats like this.

And raise your hand if you just knew that misterQ was going to be one of them. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 10:56:16 pm »

*raises hand sky high*

But then, what would TOUAMB be without Q's bratty responses. :)
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 01:06:03 am »

Now I want to know how the other two jeeps will fall to Ray's ingenious use of left-over turkey, and a spork, respectively.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 01:14:31 am »

Is there some way to disable a car engine with skillful insertion of a spork?  This seems like something that someone on this board would know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 01:33:07 am »

Sure there is.  Position the spoony part of the sport against the air intake butterfly.  It'll keep the valve from opening, keep the engine from getting enough air, and prevent engine workage.

Alternatively, if you wanted it to work for a little while first, put your spork handle into the oil sender line, either at the bottom of the block or near the pump.  The engine will work until the oil ceases flowing, which will cause either a crippling overheating or a complete seizure.  Either one is no good.

You could probably just jam it in the driver's eye, too.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 03:21:05 am »

acoxcae = macguyver
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 03:32:50 am »

acoxcae = macguyver

"Acoxcae, save us from the Jeeps!"

"What do I have to work with?"

"A spork, some crappy newbie posts, and a tiny can of Dr. Pepper"

14 seconds later:


"Amazing!  How did you do it?"

"I'm acoxcae! LOL!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up