Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie  (Read 15087 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 04:54:52 am »

The things that make you register for an account...

The square headlight Jeeps were manufactured from 1987 to 1995.  So, no, they are not from 1962.

"Fact-checking a message board about cartoon cats since 2006."

Alright, I've been holding off, but I feel I finally have something to contribute:

It's not a skull.  It's a plush toy lashed to the grille. 

For more on the bizarre phenomenon of cute and cuddly stuffed animals lashed to the front of tough men's trucks, see the New York Times article, "They're Soft and Cuddly, So Why Lash Them to the Front of a Truck?"  Here's an excerpt (don't read if you're annoyed by the overly long first post):


Two absolutely first-rate first-posts. Lurkers, take a fucking page from these books.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 05:04:30 am »

Hear him! Hear him!

Say something worthwhile or STFU. Kudos to those two.

Hmmm... guess I've just violated my own rule...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 06:55:18 am »

AW: More than somewhat, but your calming fried egg visage will save you everytime in my books.

For my money it still looks like a skull but given how easily it went up I'll accept 'plush toy skull'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 12:39:06 pm »

acoxcae = macguyver

My SO is macguyver?! AWESOME!...and to think it only took like two years to discover this...and with the help of TOUAMB...hmmm...
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2006, 02:07:18 pm »

My SO is macguyver?! AWESOME!...and to think it only took like two years to discover this...and with the help of TOUAMB...hmmm...

Yeah but now you've got to constantly fend off Patty and Selma. Not to mention the occasional trips to Stargate Command.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2006, 02:53:19 pm »

Yeah but now you've got to constantly fend off Patty and Selma. Not to mention the occasional trips to Stargate Command.

"Just close your eyes and think of MacGyver."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2006, 05:14:14 pm »

My SO is macguyver?! AWESOME!...and to think it only took like two years to discover this...and with the help of TOUAMB...hmmm...

Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective. Like when Lois found out that Clark was Superman, it was like, "Oh, so that's why I've never seen them together; and everytime a plane is going to crash, Clark disappears!"

Lois Lane is not very smart, for a reporter.

Not to say that you're not bright, in fact you are Sunny!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:38 am »

Hobot, I think I am in love with you.

but really, you made me laugh. Congrats on that.

I just imagined one of those scenes where a guy is trying hard not to be aroused, and he's like 'um... baseball. richard nixon....macguyver... NOOOOO'

the man thinks about MacGuyver, and it makes him aroused.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 02:57:56 am »

Why wouldn't he?

The thought of saving the day (and the damsels) with nothing but my wits and a paper-clip should make everyone aroused!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2006, 05:22:45 am »

Hobot, I think I am in love with you.

but really, you made me laugh. Congrats on that.

I just imagined one of those scenes where a guy is trying hard not to be aroused, and he's like 'um... baseball. richard nixon....macguyver... NOOOOO'

the man thinks about MacGuyver, and it makes him aroused.

As flattered as I am to be the object of your internet affections, I cannot live a lie: That post of mine that made you laugh was just a quote from "The Simpsons."  I am sorry about this; if you don't love me anymore, I understand.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2006, 05:31:37 am »

The Simpsons references only make you more loveable around here, Ho'.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006, 07:46:17 am »

The Simpsons references only make you more loveable around here, Ho'.

Really, I'm only here to pick up Cort's (occasional) slack.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 05:08:18 pm »

oh.
I was thinking more "spread your legs and think of england"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2006, 06:57:29 pm »

oh.
I was thinking more "spread your legs and think of england"

I am sorry to have failed you.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 21, 2006 - Doing a wheelie
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:07 am »

I'll forgive you.

...cause I love you(??)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up