Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer Attack  (Read 4535 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Deer Attack
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:13:28 am »

This isn't a competition I was hoping to enter and I certainly didn't want to win, but I believe I have.  My day began by running into a deer on the highway to work.  fuck*ng deer,  Evolve dammit.  The car has been around for over a century, learn to stay out of the fuck*ng way.  Actually there were at least 3 deer crossing the road and at 5:58 am on an unlit road I didn't see them until I was right up on them.  I swerved, but had I swerved anymore I would have driven right  off the side of the mountain (or into the guard rail) so instead I hit the lead deer square in the shoulder.  As the picture shows, my new car that I fuck*ng love is really fucked up right now.  fuck*ng deer, if you weren't dead I would fuck*ng kill you.  I had to do a little yankee engineering, but she's still roadworthy (at least by day).  I guess this could have been avoided had I not been wearing my headphones.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 04:30:49 am »

That sucks dude.  But hey, thank god for duct tape!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 06:16:05 am »

ALSO: Yankee Engineering from what I thought was a Houston boy.

**Weeps**

We can't really use the more traditional slang expression anymore.  See here.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 01:44:45 pm »

Well Paul, I kinda hate to say it, but at the same time, it's a good thing: you got off light.  As far as deer/car collisions, if it's drivable (and you're OK), you won.  I hope it's fixable though, it'd suck even more if not.

At least you're OK - and got pictures.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 04:36:41 pm »

Man, in that third picture you just look furious. Somewhere in heaven there is a deer looking down and getting kind of upset you are so angry at it.

And well done that your trigger happy clicking finger didn't snap a picture of the poor animal. Damn hipsters.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 04:44:04 pm »

And well done that your trigger happy clicking finger didn't snap a picture of the poor animal. Damn hipsters.

Well actually, i'm sure I would have, but after work I looked for the deer and it was gone.  Some Utah Hillbilly was eating good last night.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 06:25:52 pm »

Well actually, i'm sure I would have, but after work I looked for the deer and it was gone.  Some Utah Hillbilly was eating good last night.

You coulda had a freezer full of venison, man!  Look sharp!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 06:38:48 pm »

First thing I thought when I saw this thread was "'Dear Attach' - on Fuck Mountain?"  And indeed it was on a mountain.  Maybe Paul actually lives near Fuck Mountain.  That would be awesome.

Secondly - Are you okay Paul?  You didn't hurt yourself did you?

Finally, if you want to compete for sad stories, far worse than sticky shrapnel is the story of my grandmother and aunt being killed by dangerously slippery half frozen deer innards when driving home from bingo just a year and a week after my grandfather killed himself.  Of all my long, and oft sad stories, it is a story too long and too sad to tell.  Hence, I am glad you are alive.

Also, I once had a coworker who had his new car written-off by hitting a porcupine, so it could be worse.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »

  I guess this could have been avoided had I not been wearing my headphones.


It's the wrath of God's Own Dick!  I had no idea his reach went that far. Still, at least he didn't take 600 cans away from you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 06:52:00 pm »

fuck*ng ungulates! This is sort of what happened in that horrible remake of the Ringu sequel - man, did that ever suck.

I would not have wished such an eventuality on my worst enemy, even if I am against the driving with headphones. I'm very happy that you are ok. In Alaska, people often strike moose with their vehicles and get all killed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59:46 pm »

First thing I thought when I saw this thread was "'Dear Attack' - on Fuck Mountain?"  And indeed it was on a mountain.  Maybe Paul actually lives near Fuck Mountain.  That would be awesome.

Secondly - Are you okay Paul?  You didn't hurt yourself did you?

Finally, if you want to compete for sad stories, far worse than sticky shrapnel is the story of my grandmother and aunt being killed by dangerously slippery half frozen deer innards when driving home from bingo just a year and a week after my grandfather killed himself.  Of all my long, and oft sad stories, it is a story too long and too sad to tell.  Hence, I am glad you are alive.

Also, I once had a coworker who had his new car written-off by hitting a porcupine, so it could be worse.

I'm guessing it's Fuck Mountain for Deer because they are everyfuck*ng where up here.  I saw so many I lost count when I drove to Salt Lake last weekend.  Hundreds, often only a few feet from the roadside.

And yes I am unharmed, only my vehicle sustained any damage.  Thank you for asking.

And Damn, you win.  Shit, that sucks.  I'm so sorry, that is a terrible thing you are telling us.  You have my sympathy.  You've told some sad tales and I fear this may be the saddest.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 07:08:00 pm »

I'm glad you're alive, Paul. The car is repairable, which is also a good thing -- I'm more used to things like the moose collisions Nabu mentions, where if anyone lives it's the moose. But stay watchful, okay? Sometimes these things can take a while to manifest; I know that, when my SO got into his accident a few years ago on the Berkshire County Death Hairpin, he didn't really feel anything for about a week or two after the accident, at which point the pain set in big-time. Take care.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 10:34:04 pm »

This kind of stuff doesn't happen much in New York.

But last weekend I was coming back from a trip upstate.  My buddy was driving on this winding road through the Catskill mountains.  It was pretty late into the night; then, a Saint Bernard stepped out of the shadows into the path of the car.  He swerved and we avoided making doggie sauce.

Everyone swore it had a canteen full of hot chocolate around its neck.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 11:04:43 pm »

I'm glad you're alive, Paul. The car is repairable, which is also a good thing -- I'm more used to things like the moose collisions Nabu mentions, where if anyone lives it's the moose. But stay watchful, okay? Sometimes these things can take a while to manifest; I know that, when my SO got into his accident a few years ago on the Berkshire County Death Hairpin, he didn't really feel anything for about a week or two after the accident, at which point the pain set in big-time. Take care.

Is this like when Jerry shoots Tom repeatedly and Tom just laughs.  Then moments later Tom drinks some water and it all pours out through the bullet holes.  Something like that?  'Cos that's what I am imagining.

Your boyfriend- Me, i'm fine, no problem.  Takes two steps falls over in agony.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Deer Attack
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 02:36:32 pm »

Everyone swore it had a canteen full of hot chocolate around its neck.

Actually St. Bernard's are genetically predisposed to grow tiny kegs around their necks as part of their maturing process.  It is actually a Westminster standard to expect this.  The content of the tiny keg is what determines if the dog is a true winner or not:  NeoCitran?  No, this dog will lose. Hot Chocolate?  This dog may place. Fine Brandy?  This is indeed a top dog.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up