Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!  (Read 22301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03302006

I think Onstad accidentally left off a few panels at the very end, there. Teodor's yeast infection is pretty good, though.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:04:27 am »

I think the most important point has been overlooked.


That point is EMERIL.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 08:12:16 am »

Fin, yo, Fin

another great strip.
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:19:07 am »

I think O here was going for the "everyone back together again" thing.  But there are a few notable absences I would've liked to see again.

Andy & Chucklebot:  The rest of the droid contingent showed up, what gives?
Molly: Well?
O Himself: Could've stood to see the old Neck Down again.
Spongebath's Scooter: What the hell he just sits on the ground?
and
Rodney: What the hell?  No showdown?  No Fatherly Advice?

Although the "Ray" banner is a thing of beauty.


PostScript: This grammar is so bad, I'm not even going to fix it.  How do you like THAT.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 08:31:02 am by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:21:26 am »

I've been dying for some Vlad. Though brief, his appearance has filled me with Great Happiness. Extra points for the Bobby D haircut.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 08:28:07 am »

Notice Pat standing behind Vlad.  No one even says anything to him.  He looks riled up.
Logged
~

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:59 am »

Nah, no more GOF.  We got the ~Fin~

A lacklustre end to a great story arc.   Can't wait to get back to regular non sequitur strips.

The thing is, Ray doesn't actually remember Philippe.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:06:40 am »

Isn't that Todd next to Mr. Bear? He hasn't said anything either. Maybe he's in shock. I think I would be.

I think this strip captures the slightly awkward congratulatory feel that one would have.

I am soooo sleeep deprivvveeeddd ahahhahha yes that is unrelated shut up
Logged

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:40:54 am »

People, people, the important point here has been over looked.  Neither is it Vlad's tribute to Travis Bickle, nor is it Teodor's yeast infection.  The important point of this comic is


Nightlife is back.
Logged

talgkjertel

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 11:26:18 am »

Notice how Lie Bot is lurking in the background.

I guess he keeps his distance after one of the cats he shot created historical mayhem.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:53:55 am »

Hmm, very interesting today.  Interesting indeed.  Culpepper gets shot and the party strips last a week (if you consider the ***** party a party).  Three month arc, and the party is implied.  Hazing the Achewood newcomers?  Well, lipstick does corroborate the gender assessment.


I just wish that Uncle George would have shown up, holding onto Beef's waist on the back of the motorcycle.


Shots of the motorcycle driving on the open road.  Cue Smoke on the Water.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:24 pm »

I was so happy to see Emeril that before I even read anything I made a little "EEEE" noise like some weird rodent.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also, Lyle. 

This is a good wrap-up strip, a few more panels seemed necessary though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 12:16:23 pm »

Yeah seriously, where is george? I thought we were going to get this DONE?

I mean yeah it's a decent ending but I think we missed something here.
Besides Vlad saying 'You talking to me'
which would have been so f*cking awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 12:36:52 pm »

1 - they didn't know Beef was in the fight at all

2 - I like the idea of Beef taking over the reigns of the fight.  I don't think anyone called that one.

3 - NIGHTLIFE!

4 - They've been up for 3 days, of course they can't throw a good party or a good ~fin~ strip.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 12:38:58 pm »

Just noticed: Beef's eyes in the giving teodore advice panel.
Brilliance!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up