Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!  (Read 22269 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 12:54:17 pm »

Nobody even noticed Beef was missing. I go back and forth between disbelief and remembering what a loner he is and that he lives in Ray's pool shed. Also, no Molly.

Oh, and speaking of dying of shock, I wouldn't have minded seeing Little Nephew's face about now.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 01:07:22 pm »

Sitting at the computer causes yeast infections??  No one told me!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 01:29:13 pm »

Sitting at the computer causes yeast infections??  No one told me!

This is because it only happens when you are also #####less and kneading dough with your soft bits (Are these also your lovely lady lumps?  I do not know.  I heard that somewhere.)  So it doesn't happen that often.

I can't decide whether Phillippe's hands are trembling or if that is meant to be a normal handshake in his panel.  Either way, it's a polite way for a person who is five to greet a man who has ripped the face off of a country singer.

Nightlife!

Emeril, in my head, sounds like the lead ***** gangster from Futurama. (Let's shoot bullets out of our guns at them!)  His dialogue sounds much better when you imagine that it had to fight through a mouth full of caramel or peanut butter.

I think it is the sign of a good friend when he can say "there are rumors of great things in the future for you," see that you are uncomfortable, and then ask about a band you both like.  This is an easy way to get someone to relax.

Maybe this whole thing will attract some fly honeys to Ray.  The man (cat) needs some play for this.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 01:59:02 pm »

At first I thought Emeril was saying that Beef was on the Ruling Body all along and was really excited to see how and if Beef denied it. But now I see he's just saying this could happen as a result of Ray's win(?)
Logged

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 02:08:17 pm »

Trying to guage each character's reactions.

Teodor - Holy crap disbelief from lack of sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if he's twitching a little bit.

Phillipe - Doesn't really understand the whole picture. But knows they've done something good and hard, so he's congratulating them. Remember, they've only been gone for 3 days in Real-Time. ;D

Vlad - Will know be trying to impress Ray and Roast Beef for a while. They is SO cool.

Lyle - HOLY FUCK MAN HELL YES! YOU GUY fuck*ng ROCK! WHOO-HOO! FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!
Lyle's running on pure adrenaline.

Pat- Jealous in the background. Possibly will give Roast Beef a talk.

Bear - Interested. Good job, chaps.

Mingus - Stoned. Not sure why he's here.

Lie Bot - Scheming.

Spongebath - I wonder how he's gonna leave.

Emeril - Emeril lets down his front for about two seconds to geek about his favorite band.

And finally folks.......After about 3 months.



FIN. (Which shoulda been the thread title)
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 02:29:43 pm »

Emeril would not have been my first choice as Guy Who Engages Beef In Conversation First, but the surprise of such is sublime.

And NIGHTLIFE.  To hell with Dr Peppers right now - cold glasses of Tuaca all around on this fine day!
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 02:31:31 pm »

If anyone could predict who would become the architect of the Fight's future, it's a cat with a mullet. Are you sure THAT isn't the toughest haircut possible? Well, are you?!?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:12 pm »

Rodney will show up in a year or two, when we, and Ray, least expect it.

"A line of vanity soups."  I'd like one of those.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 03:29:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure the rat tail is a close runner up for toughest haircut.  I mean, I don't mess with a dude with a rat tail in excess of three inches.  that's the kind of dude who's idea of a haircut is snipping the end off and putting it in a plastic bag.  you don't mess with that guy.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 04:28:36 pm »

Hey, Mr. Bear is drinking a martini.  In honor of Ray perhaps?  So much for low blood pressure.


Last Thursday, the liquor store was all out of big bottles of E&J so I bought a bottle of Christian Brothers, which now contains not more than a little of brandy.  After work I will chug it and it will be hell of symbolic.  Perhaps smash the bottle.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 04:37:23 pm »

I like this strip, I don't know what various of youall are complaining about.  It's just like real life.  You do some big thing, but then you have to come home to the everyday world and you're lucky if you get a lame handwritten sign with your name on it and a few people care that you are back, who remark upon your accomplishment but then are more interested in how the band was. Of course it's a letdown, how could it not be?

But I'm sorry we didn't get to see the pizza party with Beef's uncle.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 05:57:50 pm »

But I'm sorry we didn't get to see the pizza party with Beef's uncle.

Does anyone regularly find themselves in a pizza party situation anymore? I remember being under 12, and a pizza party was an event. Pizza is no longer a sufficient theme for a party. I guess it would be if you haven't been eating for three days.

Obviously there was some booze involved, on account of the spread from next door. Though less charming, I guess the booze would make it more likely that George would have ended up dispensing sort of depressing but sage advice, some of it about socks.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »

I dunno, I think the strip is summed up better by the messageboard title "How were the Tenmen" as if to say...

"Okay, yeah, they won the Great Outdoor Fight and all, but this is still Achewood. So how were the Tenmen?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 09:09:14 pm »

No comment on the particulars of this specific strip, other than I enjoyed every frame (including the 17 frames of Vlad saying "you talkin to me?", drawn from 17 different points of view, that exist in my imagination), but one general comment:

Thank you, Mr. Onstad.  That was one hell of a ride.

Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 09:56:23 pm »

I bought a bottle of Christian Brothers...  After work I will chug it and it will be hell of symbolic.  Perhaps smash the bottle.

I might not be alone in thinking that you may want to light it on fire and throw it at a wheelied out jeep.

Become the ruling body!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up